Olympics related - 2 items | The Boneyard

Olympics related - 2 items

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
First, did anyone see Debbie Antonelli's "tweet" picture of her group on the way to a function in London - impressive group. DA, Beth Mowins, Doris Burke, Holly Rowe, Anne Meyers and Rene Brown from the WNBA.

Also, does anyone else get pestered for donations from the US Olympic Committee? I give $100 annually, and have for a number of years. Sorry, after my church and college donations, that is what I give to any other charity I choose to support. Well, the USOC - which got their donation early in the year this year - pesters anywhere from monthly to twice a month to twice a week the last couple of weeks, asking for more. In addition to the fact that they want to send you gifts for your donation (yes, I know they are donated to them for the tax write-off, but still), actually stamped the return envelope this last time (with a 45 cent stamp I doubt was donated?), and have supplied enough return address labels to paper a room. I am just tired of it. They also call every once and a while.

On top of which, my 92 year old Mom, who lives with us and gives $25/year, gets the same treatment.

Sorry for the rant, but, if they had just asked for funds this week, and not all the intervening times, I might actually have sent extra, this being "the" year and that I am enjoying so much on TV.

Reaction Score
This seems to be standard operating procedure for most charities.
I give once a year to each of my charities, usually around Christmas.
Then, once or twice a month, each of them send me requests for
additional contributions - typically accompanied with calendars,
greeting cards, note pads, and of course, address labels.

I don't need or want any of this junk, and it annoys me that a
portion of my contribution is being wasted in this fashion.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Very standard procedure - even worse if you ever contribute to a political campign!
My mom used to send in $10 - 50 to about 20 charities, and I kept trying to get her to settle on one and send them a single large check - more efficient for the charity, but never succeeded in changing her ways.
On top of that most charities make money by sellng their mailing lists to like minded charities so the mailings expand!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
We used to give small amounts annually (50-100) to different charities and NPOs. I finally got so annoyed with all the junk mail and crap designed to guilt you into a donation that I quit sending them money. We now donate the same amount but it goes to only one charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom