Olympic team to train & play exhibition in Seattle | The Boneyard

Olympic team to train & play exhibition in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Crap, all the way on the other side of the country. :(

Hope we at least get some media reports.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Seattle weather and London weather are about the same.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seattle weather and London weather are about the same.
In May, very true. Maybe that is part of the rationale.

When the sun comes out, Seattle is one of the most scenic places anywhere. In their terminology, "the mountain is out."

images

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This game is set for May 12. Would that be an indication that the 12th player will be added by then? When does the team start practicing? I would hope that all 12 members are present for the first practice.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This game is set for May 12. Would that be an indication that the 12th player will be added by then? When does the team start practicing? I would hope that all 12 members are present for the first practice.
Agree hope they add the 12 player (though I don't know if the 11th, 12th player are going to see a lot of playing time) soon. Be nice for all of them to be together. When are classes out for Baylor?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did they give a time frame on the 12th player, when the first 11 were announced? I vaguely remember something like 2-3 weeks.

Reaction Score
Did they give a time frame on the 12th player, when the first 11 were announced? I vaguely remember something like 2-3 weeks.

No decision was really expected until at least May. The 12th player could be named for the training camp, but USA Basketball didn't commit to naming the 12th player before then.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No decision was really expected until at least May. The 12th player could be named for the training camp, but USA Basketball didn't commit to naming the 12th player before then.

I hope they don't expect Pondexter to drop everything at the last moment. I think the team needs another guard who can handle the ball and is a scoring threat and she would be my first choice, although I know that many would disagree due to her non-basketball related baggage.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
As much as I would like to see Griner on the team I just don't see the need for another big at this time, unless they want Griner on the team for future reasons. Charles and Fowles are going to be beasts on this team and Parker can always fill in if necessary.

Reaction Score
As much as I would like to see Griner on the team I just don't see the need for another big at this time, unless they want Griner on the team for future reasons. Charles and Fowles are going to be beasts on this team and Parker can always fill in if necessary.

One of the things USA Basketball tends to do right is bring along a player or two they think likely to be "the stars of tomorrow" so they can get their first Olympic experience in a low-pressure situation. Four years later when they'll be expected to make a major contribution, they'll have had a chance to already live through and learn from the "gee whiz" aspect of being in an Olympics. I'm certain in my mind that BG gets that 12th slot for just that reason.

Reaction Score
MilfordHusky ...what a thrill to be there LIVE...!!!! ....

I would give as call to the "Sports Desk" at your local Connecticut newspaper, tell them you are;
And who you represent (The UConn Boneyard) where you’re going, and ask for a set of “Press Credentials, in exchange for a daily Bog …..

A bunch of us will throw some cash your way, (if you don’t mind 1099’s and chasing down the 1099’s for the IRS next tax time.)

But you’ll have seats of distinction!!!

Don’t forget your laptop, and internet links..and have fun!!!!!!

And just think you are going to rub shoulders and be buddy-buddy with the best of Women’s College basketball and they will probably end up adopting you as #1 fan!!

-Bill

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
In May, very true. Maybe that is part of the rationale.

When the sun comes out, Seattle is one of the most scenic places anywhere. In their terminology, "the mountain is out."

images

Seattle and Portland are two of the most beautiful places in the country when it's sunny

Reaction Score
That is what a professional Marketing company can do to a team like Seattle and its fans.......Too bad ESPN does learn the same lesson.......

Reaction Score
I'm curious to know what people on this board think of the composition of this roster, particularly within the context of your familiarity with the coach. Compared to a normal WNBA or college roster, it seems that there are relatively few guards on the team. Only Bird, Taurasi, and Whalen, with Parker listed as a possible guard. Although Griner is probably the best US player not already on the team, do they need another center when there are two already plus five forwards. Thoughts?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seimone is really a SG. In a pinch, Maya or Angel could play it too. We need for Sue and Dee to stay healthy. There are only 3 PG options. Because of the most likely competition, the committee seems to want size. In international play, 3-pointers are big too. We have Sue, Dee, Lindsay, Seimone, Maya, Swin, and maybe Angel for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom