Olympic Sailing results (spoilers) | The Boneyard

Olympic Sailing results (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
If you are interseted in how USA did, I will save you some time. Zero medals, and the worst overrall results in in the Olympics for USA that I can recall. Don't know why, yet, but I assume there will be some analysis in the coming weeks.

Sorry, can't post a link but there is a nice summary page that will pop up if you google "Olympic sailing". Top medal winners were New Zealand, Great Britain and Netherlands.. Aussies usually do well, but apparently not this year.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There is a hilarious commentary out there by a purported Irish coverage guy for the Laser class. As someone who grew up on the sound and sailing in Branford I roared. It is NSFW.

Reaction Score
There is a hilarious commentary out there by a purported Irish coverage guy for the Laser class. As someone who grew up on the sound and sailing in Branford I roared. It is NSFW.
Yes, that was a riot, at least to those who race sailboats. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/08/10/olympic-sailing-commentary-spoof-video_n_1763364.html
Basically, the announcer was commenting on the pre start countdown thinking that the race had already begun and that the countdown clock was for the finish instead of the start.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members