Ollie's worst performance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie's worst performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Totally confused by the last minute of play. Didn't cash in on so many opportunities throughout the game. Couldn't help but notice how subdued KO was. Disappointing loss on many different levels: FT's, officiating, defense, shooting, breaking down the zone, even coaching (didn't see that one coming). Tulsa is a good team, but we really should have taken this one. The Stanford game is going to be critical.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, if coach needs to step aside the rest of the season to deal with life, it might benefit himself and the team. This isn't the same fiery coach we've seen the last few years. It's like he's on another planet, almost coaching down to who's he playing.
I agree. Pull up tape of any of our games from last year and you will see Ollie walking the sideline, barking out instructions, animated. He seems lifeless this year just like the team.

Reaction Score
Besides all of the above I don't know why Ollie still allows Hamilton to inbound the ball. He's just not good at it. Work on it in practice and show he's better there before he's allowed to do it in games.

Reaction Score
I'm sure it has been said but when we were down 5 with 1:29 left and Ollie decided not to foul, I was okay with that. He trusted this defense to get a stop which isn't a bad thing. However, not fouling after the offensive rebound was very very very confusing to me.

As for Ollie and his coaching, I'm sorry but I disagree about the fire. Just a game ago vs Cincy, and the Temple game I was at he was typical Ollie, on the sidelines in a defensive stance while yelling and screaming.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Cam I complain about never going two-for-one here or does that need a separate thread?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
We need to stand by coach 100% in this difficult time and not question his passion and integrity. I never do, but for some of you who may have forgotten the kind of person he is, it is not more evident than in his head coach acceptance speech. Also, if you skip ahead to 48:45, he speaks of his wife and family and mentions something kind of prophetic. It may have been a coincidence, but it may also have been a glimpse into his personal life of things to come. His job is very demanding and spending time with his wife and family may very well have suffered because of his dedication to UConn. Our fan base cannot blame him for minor set backs, family comes first. He has given us incredible joy the past two seasons and brought us to the top of the college basketball world yet again, most impressively during a time everyone thought UConn would fall off the face of the Earth. And I am confident he will again, as long as we support him and trust in him. Keep your head up coach, we love you!

Reaction Score
Just got the bad news of the Tulsa game.In Cabo Mexico with internet problems and after reading everything being posted wish I never did get it fixed. Truly thought we were on the move but sounds like a real cluster**k.I read everything I need to no and none of it sounds good. Good thing it's just a game. I'm glad now I didn't see it and this game will be deleted pronto when I get back home. "Oh well" on to Stanford. Hang in there BY'S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom