Ollie's infatuation with Onuorah | The Boneyard

Ollie's infatuation with Onuorah

Reaction Score
he's old enough to be considered past a kid. he constantly kills us with ridiculous moving screens, and if he somehow manages to set a screen, he rolls so quickly.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
It’s a mystery. Really it is.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
KO is giving DO minutes because he hates uconn. God forbid the guys who will be here next year get those minutes.Unless KO knows they are bailing on his sorry ass.

Reaction Score
It's basketball.

You need a big guy.

Carlton gives decent minutes but he collects fouls. You need another big guy.

Or do you want to play with Diarra at center?

Jeez.

Onuorah has the stature of a big man but doesn't play like a big man.

He had more fouls (2) than rebounds (1).

More turnovers (1) than FGA (0).

Kwintin (rebounding), Diarra (physicality, pick & roll), and Whaley (finishing around the rim) do at least 1-2 things well while DO does 0.

The last 5 games DO has collected a total of 7 rebounds in 65 minutes, that's really hard to do.

C

Chief00

Kwintin (rebounding), Diarra (physicality, pick & roll), and Whaley (finishing around the rim) do at least 1-2 things well while DO does 0.

The last 5 games DO has collected a total of 7 rebounds in 65 minutes, that's really hard to do.

No further comment needed - ChiefCertified#

Reaction Score
Carlton should be playing every minute until he fouls out. He’s our best rebounding big. He has the best chance of scoring, and he has the most upside. We come off maybe our best showing of the year where DO plays 5 minutes. What is KO trying to prove?

Reaction Score

Bigs have been blowing our guys off the blocks all year. Diarra and Williams can't guard against that. Only Carlton and Onuorah can. How easy is it to back down Whaley, Diarra and Williams? Come'on, get real. Newsflash: the future for these 3 is as defensive power forwards, because none of them have an offensive game, and they are not big enough or strong enough to play center. Please.

Onuorah sucks. The only thing he does well (stand still and hold his ground) is something the others can't do.

I wish Carlton didn't pick up as many fouls so that Onuorah would sit the bench.

Reaction Score
Bigs have been blowing our guys off the blocks all year. Diarra and Williams can't guard against that. Only Carlton and Onuorah can. How easy is it to back down Whaley, Diarra and Williams? Come'on, get real. Newsflash: the future for these 3 is as defensive power forwards, because none of them have an offensive game, and they are not big enough or strong enough to play center. Please.

Onuorah sucks. The only thing he does well (stand still and hold his ground) is something the others can't do.

I wish Carlton didn't pick up as many fouls so that Onuorah would sit the bench.

UConn is a bad rebounding team when Onuorah is in. UConn is a respectable rebounding team when Kwintin is in. UConn was outrebounded again today 35-27 including Houston's 15 offensive rebounds. UConn could have won with a better effort on the boards via better personnel on the floor.

Reaction Score
UConn is a bad rebounding team when Onuorah is in. UConn is a respectable rebounding team when Kwintin is in. UConn was outrebounded again today 35-27 including Houston's 15 offensive rebounds. UConn could have won with a better effort on the boards via better personnel on the floor.

Rebounds are very important. So is stopping people in the interior. Kwintin does one well. Not so much on the other.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

While I agree with you, the one thing I will say is that Jalen can penetrate a lot easier when DO is in. I think next year, we're gonna see some big improvements from Carlton on the screens and on the D and not picking up quick cheap fouls. We've just gotta live with the freshman doldrums to get to the sophomore bump...

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It's basketball.

You need a big guy.

Carlton gives decent minutes but he collects fouls. You need another big guy.

Jeez.
Good point.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Jeez.

Yes. Who's going to spell Carlton next year? DO might not get moved off the block, but he's still a layup waiting to happen anyway.

DO has killed more momentum this year than any player I remember. Happened again tonight. Now maybe that's just happenstance, or confirmation bias, but I don't think so.

Reaction Score
Kisunas will make a big difference. He is a big body like Onuorah who has skills. He wont deliver the stupid moving picks. He can catch and will hit his free throws. I think he is better then Carlton now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

. Plus DO is the best big by far defending the PNR with Hedge and recover.

Reaction Score
Kisunas will make a big difference. He is a big body like Onuorah who has skills. He wont deliver the stupid moving picks. He can catch and will hit his free throws. I think he is better then Carlton now.

Carlton has freakishly long arms and a knack for grabbing balls over people without fouling. Also a knack for offensive putbacks off the glass. In Kisunas's video, he doesn't have long arms and he struggles with putbacks. Unless he develops his game, he is going to be a useful big body.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'd have to guess Ollie made a minute commitment to DO in the offseason.
I can't see any other logical reason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom