Ollie? | The Boneyard

Ollie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Facey was our best defender and Ollie sat him the last 7 or so minutes while Goodwin was scoring at will, what possibly could be the reason for this? Why when you are up three with 2.2 seconds left in the game and Memphis has no timeouts would you call a timeout so Memphis could set up a final play? Thankfully we won but still see a whole bunch of troubling things like Hamilton's horrible play in two straight, rough bball IQ from Purvis and Hamilton and Ollie with more questionable maneuvers. Hate to be negative after a win but I'm still seeing so many things that make little sense. Gibbs won this game for us and Facey was the second best Husky.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ollie's substitution patterns the last 6-8 minutes of the game have been questionable.

At least he had Adams out there at the end tonight.

Reaction Score
I couldn't believe he didn't go with the Facey/Miller Combo to try to slow down Goodwin. Not sure I understand why Purvis had a rough bball IQ tonight. I thought he played a good game

Reaction Score
Facey was our best defender and Ollie sat him the last 7 or so minutes while Goodwin was scoring at will, what possibly could be the reason for this? Why when you are up three with 2.2 seconds left in the game and Memphis has no timeouts would you call a timeout so Memphis could set up a final play? Thankfully we won but still see a whole bunch of troubling things like Hamilton's horrible play in two straight, rough bball IQ from Purvis and Hamilton and Ollie with more questionable maneuvers. Hate to be negative after a win but I'm still seeing so many things that make little sense. Gibbs won this game for us and Facey was the second best Husky.
Superjohn its Saturday night how about go out and get a drink or watch some football. No one is ecstatic but we won.

If you review this game's mistakes you will be here all night and morning

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I honestly think he gets lost in the game and just forgets who's where.

Reaction Score
I swear Ollie just forgets he has players on the bench sometimes. I was so baffled that I had to check the box score to make sure he didn't foul out.

Reaction Score
I don't want jump on this but I thought we should have gone more at Shaq when he had 4 fouls on him. We tried twice with Miller and then gave up for a while. Meanwhile, he was killing us at the other end. We know he is not disciplined enough to back off with 4 on him. I thought KO should have run our guys at the basket more to get him out earlier.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What do the assistants do all game?

I have no idea.

But we saw Purvis and Adams stranded on the bench against Temple when we needed them and Facey there tonight.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
shaq was getting what he wanted with facey on him as well as nolan... miller did better towards the end... hamilton had 12 and 8, didnt shoot it well but still playing very well, the team as a whole is playing better when he doesnt handle it as much... played much better tonight than the temple game... what did purvis do wrong tonight?

Reaction Score
I don't want jump on this but I thought we should have gone more at Shaq when he had 4 fouls on him. We tried twice with Miller and then gave up for a while. Meanwhile, he was killing us at the other end. We know he is not disciplined enough to back off with 4 on him. I thought KO should have run our guys at the basket more to get him out earlier.
I thought the same thing too. Memphis was driving right at the basket picking up a lot of fouls while we were passively passing the ball at the perimeter. It did seem that later in the game UConn started getting the ball inside more, when I thought they should do more of it a tad earlier.

Reaction Score
shaq was getting what he wanted with facey on him as well as nolan... miller did better towards the end... hamilton had 12 and 8, didnt shoot it well but still playing very well, the team as a whole is playing better when he doesnt handle it as much... played much better tonight than the temple game... what did purvis do wrong tonight?
I maybe shouldn't have thrown Purvis in for this game but he did set up out of bounds for a three which happens at least once a game, Blows my mind that a couple of people are saying Hamilton played well. He shot 2-11 with a huge turnover down the stretch that led to a uncontested layup.

Reaction Score
I have to whole heartedly agree here. From minutes 6-2 in the second half that had both Shaw and Lawson out there. Our solution was to go the smallest line up that we pretty much can put it out there and shoot jump shots. We didn't drive to the rim and posted up Miller a couple of times. To make matters worse, Shaq was killing us at the other end. I just didnt get it.

Reaction Score
I maybe shouldn't have thrown Purvis in for this game but he did set up out of bounds for a three which happens at least once a game, Blows my mind that a couple of people are saying Hamilton played well. He shot 2-11 with a huge turnover down the stretch that led to a uncontested layup.
And its a big mistake to give him the ball instead of Gibbs when they will be fouled.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie is doing fine. He played Nolan and Nolan had his best game of the season.
He took the ball from Gibbs and Gibbs ran to open spots and had a very good game.
DHam had a poor shooting night and made some strange plays and we still won.
Would like to see some pick plays to get Calhoun a few open looks.
Purvis is playing at a high level. But Pervis and Gibbs may be playing the same role from this point forward. Ollie is changing the offense.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I maybe shouldn't have thrown Purvis in for this game but he did set up out of bounds for a three which happens at least once a game,

I long ago accepted that Purvis is going to give you a couple of boneheaded wtf plays a game. Bearing this in mind, he is exceeds expectations. The wtf's just aren't worth your time. Purvis is literally the last guy on the team I worry about.

Reaction Score
Let's end this. Rodney had a habit of stepping out of bounds last year but it's only happened a few times this year. Not at least once a game.

Reaction Score
imno1 said:
Let's end this. Rodney had a habit of stepping out of bounds last year but it's only happened a few times this year. Not at least once a game.

+1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky