Ollie Watching Recruits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie Watching Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In a post game interview yesterday, Hamilton did say he is trying to get in Dorsey's ear about joining him at UCONN. Couldn't hurt he recruitment process. Sorry, no link.

Reaction Score
Ollie also watched Donovan Mitchell and Jarred Reuter.

Reaction Score
I don't see Dorsey fitting a need . Didn't we just sign a top 50 combo guard in his class? Hamilton could easily be a one year rental as well. FYI I'll be happy with any commit, Ollie knows what he's doing.
Please , no more combo guards. We need a real play making PG badly. Next year we have Boat and no solid backup; just a group of of 2 guards that want to play the point.

Reaction Score
Please , no more combo guards. We need a real play making PG badly. Next year we have Boat and no solid backup; just a group of of 2 guards that want to play the point.

Tyler Dorsey is considered one of the biggest recruits in the nation next year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We should be watching Zimmerman, but I don't see him in a Husky uniform. It'd be a real stretch.

Reaction Score
The interviewer was one step away from asking, "remember when you...um...hit that shot against...dammit...um...Whitney Young? That was awesome."

ChrisFarley.gif

Reaction Score
Purvis would be a junior and Dorsey a freshman in 2015-16. Dorsey isn't a must, but to say he wouldn't have a spot here is absurd.

That year we could start Dorsey at the 1, Purvis at the 2, Hamilton at the 3, Lubin at the 4, and Brimah at the 5, with Cassell and then Samuel as backups at the guard spots.
Again, more making a 2 a 1 and thinking that
Tyler Dorsey is considered one of the biggest recruits in the nation next year.
We have too many off guards no matter how highly ranked he is. We really don't have room for another one. We need a big with some beef and a real PG who can quarterback the team. Maybe Samuel will develop but right now he looks more like a Div. 2 guard.

Reaction Score
Purvis would be a junior and Dorsey a freshman in 2015-16. Dorsey isn't a must, but to say he wouldn't have a spot here is absurd.

That year we could start Dorsey at the 1, Purvis at the 2, Hamilton at the 3, Lubin at the 4, and Brimah at the 5, with Cassell and then Samuel as backups at the guard spots.
I have faith the Sam Jr will be ready to play PG when he arrives with TS backing him up............
Hope you are right. Samuel has a long to go and I'm not convinced he will ever be a top flight point guard at this level.

Reaction Score
Samuel actually looks good. He's huge and plays pg. Legit athleticism to boot

Reaction Score

We have too many off guards no matter how highly ranked he is. We really don't have room for another one. We need a big with some beef and a real PG who can quarterback the team. Maybe Samuel will develop but right now he looks more like a Div. 2 guard.
TS is a div 2 guard? That is just plain stupid.

Reaction Score
Danzz said:

I don't think we can just pass on top 10 talent. For one thing, we don't know how long Purvis and Hamilton will be here. One or both could blow up next year and be gone. For another, we don't know enough about how they all play. Hamilton seems like a willing passer (7 apg in high school, even if its padded) - Purvis and Dorsey could share the ball well in our system too. All of our Final Four teams have split point guard duties or had a score-first guy with the ball in his hands a lot. You just need guys who can make plays. Throw all three of them out there, exploit the weakest perimeter defender, and rotate the ball when the defense breaks down. You'll get open looks or good driving lanes.

And finally, I don't want to pass on Dorsey and have him end up kicking our ass in the tourney. One thing if we don't get him - another if he was interested in coming and we decided we didn't have room.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Samuel actually looks good. He's huge and plays pg. Legit athleticism to boot
I agree, he has just been limited in minutes. He didn't play his best against Maine but he showed true talent during stretches against Maryland and others. He just needs to work on his jumper, which is not unusual for a player at his stage of development. He has the size and lateral quickness to be a very good defender, he has good natural passing skills and he already finishes strong in traffic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Camron Smith ‏@camronsmith14m
Hats off to St. John Bosco's Daniel Hamilton (UConn) for that game winning 3 to beat Whitney Young. Extremely difficult shot, but he made it

Camron Smith ‏@camronsmith10m
A hilarious moment before that final play for St. John Bosco during their timeout. Hamilton pleaded w/ head coach Derrick Taylor to....

Camron Smith ‏@camronsmith7m
....give him the ball. Taylor's response, "I got youuuuu! You know I got you!"

Derrick Taylor was DeAndre Daniels coach at Taft. Taylor then got the gig w/ St. John Bosco and you can see the connection.

Reaction Score
You've seen the kid play, what, ten minutes? I love this place.

What else can you go by Crack? Were you impressed? My whole intent was to understand it was somewhat of garbage time for him but really it was time to prove yourself. He wasn't good at all and that does not stop me from hoping there's a heck of a lot more there and he had a rough night. But we shouldn't talk about what we saw right? How dare we? He couldn't run the team for 10 minutes vs Maine so if that doesn't make you a bit nervous then you didn't watch closely......

Reaction Score
I don't think we can just pass on top 10 talent. For one thing, we don't know how long Purvis and Hamilton will be here. One or both could blow up next year and be gone. For another, we don't know enough about how they all play. Hamilton seems like a willing passer (7 apg in high school, even if its padded) - Purvis and Dorsey could share the ball well in our system too. All of our Final Four teams have split point guard duties or had a score-first guy with the ball in his hands a lot. You just need guys who can make plays. Throw all three of them out there, exploit the weakest perimeter defender, and rotate the ball when the defense breaks down. You'll get open looks or good driving lanes.

And finally, I don't want to pass on Dorsey and have him end up kicking our ass in the tourney. One thing if we don't get him - another if he was interested in coming and we decided we didn't have room.

I think I would call Taliek a shoot last PG with the ball in his hands most all the time.

Reaction Score
I think I would call Taliek a shoot last PG with the ball in his hands most all the time.

Except Ben Gordon played point guard down the stretch of close games. We gave him the ball, went 1-4 and let him try to make plays.

Reaction Score
What else can you go by Crack? Were you impressed? My whole intent was to understand it was somewhat of garbage time for him but really it was time to prove yourself. He wasn't good at all and that does not stop me from hoping there's a heck of a lot more there and he had a rough night. But we shouldn't talk about what we saw right? How dare we? He couldn't run the team for 10 minutes vs Maine so if that doesn't make you a bit nervous then you didn't watch closely......

He's been pretty solid in every other appearance he's made this year. It was his first time playing as the primary ball-handler and he was a little turnover prone. It happens.

Reaction Score

We're not in a position to turn down top 5 recruits that want to come here, no matter what position they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom