Ollie vs Ranked Teams | The Boneyard

Ollie vs Ranked Teams

Reaction Score
Something to consider going into Wichita State.

12-13: 3-3
13-14: 10-4
14-15: 1-4
15-16: 1-4
16-17: 0-5
17-18: 0-2

15-22 overall. 13-7 with teams primarily composed of Calhoun's players. 2-15 since the title, with teams primarily composed of his players. 9 straight losses vs the top 25.

Reaction Score
Yikes I knew it was bad but that was worse than I thought....the story ain’t pretty for Ollie no matter how you cut it.

Reaction Score
Something to consider going into Wichita State.

12-13: 3-3
13-14: 10-4
14-15: 1-4
15-16: 1-4
16-17: 0-5
17-18: 0-2

15-22 overall. 13-7 with teams primarily composed of Calhoun's players. 2-15 since the title, with teams primarily composed of his players. 9 straight losses vs the top 25.

The amazing thing is that the talent disparity between the 2012-13 team and this year's team is not that great.

The difference in toughness and basketball IQ is immense.

KO did well coaching and developing JC's recruits. But his ability to identify and coach his own recruits, in the area of both tangibles and intangibles, is just horrific.

Reaction Score
The amazing thing is that the talent disparity between the 2012-13 team and this year's team is not that great.

KO did well coaching and developing JC's recruits. But his ability to identify and coach his own recruits, in the area of both tangibles and intangibles, is just horrific.
Thus far...A player taker not a player maker.

Reaction Score
2 and 15 against ranked teams over the past 3 1/2 seasons. We have become the cupcake.

Btw, we now have losses by 15, 20, 25 and 35 points this season. Any way you slice it, it ain't pretty. I fear that the Wichita State game will be similar to Arkansas and Auburn.

Reaction Score
2 and 15 against ranked teams over the past 3 1/2 seasons. We have become the cupcake.

Btw, we now have losses by 15, 20, 25 and 35 points this season. Any way you slice it, it ain't pretty. I fear that the Wichita State game will be similar to Arkansas and Auburn.
Worth noting that in our 9 consecutive losses to ranked teams we've lost by double digits 8 times, and the only single digit defeat was by 8 to SMU.

Reaction Score
Ok before I am laughed off this board for good here is the dealio...IMO

Next year if Auburn were to return Wiley and Purifoy (2 of Auburns best players) and add that duo to this present team...and they are not somehow banned by the NCAA for all of the cash payments they have made....I would pick them right now as my National Championship favorite (potentially best value pick) for next year. I am hoping their odds go down for next year with as many losses as possible this year because IF all the IFS above come to fruition they will be loaded off their A** next year with arguably one of the top 3 or 4 rosters in the country $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I put the odds at around 30/1 all that happens (the variables)^^^^^^^^^^

We still were putrid today though :(...again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Auburn isn't ranked but they made us look like a division 3 team today.

5 games left this year against likely ranked teams.....the best chance to "steal" one might be WSU in a week, otherwise KO is likely to keep his streak going.

Reaction Score
Ent

enter chill

Reaction Score
Ent

enter chill
What proof is there though that Chill can coach a lick? His Washington team last year was horrible despite having Fultz. I’d love to know what roles the different coaches have in developing the players because it’s not showing on the court. While the talent may not seem to be overwhelming, I still think the recruiting has been solid enough to field a competitive team. It’s the lack of coaching them up is the glaring weakness.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's just not true. There isn't a single player on this team that would start on that team. The only possibilities at all are Adams and Larrier. Boat would play over Adams every time on defense alone. And I'd still take Jr Giffey over Larrier for his all around game. Larrier and Adams would be nice scoring subs off the bench. I'm not sure if anyone else on this year's team would even get any minutes.

Reaction Score
Ugh, I think Ollie needs to go. I've heard all the gossipy stuff. I've shared it with people and I don't feel good about it. I've interacted with him a few times and have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. I also think his future is bright - just not at the college level.

I don't want to light him on fire. That's not the UConn way. He's every NBA head guy's dream assistant. Maybe every elite college head guy's dream assistant. He's an asset to a program, still in spite of all this. I don't want to run him over with a dump truck.

But i'm ready for the change. I'm hopeful for the change.

Reaction Score
Ugh, I think Ollie needs to go. I've heard all the gossipy stuff. I've shared it with people and I don't feel good about it. I've interacted with him a few times and have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. I also think his future is bright - just not at the college level.

I don't want to light him on fire. That's not the UConn way. He's every NBA head guy's dream assistant. Maybe every elite college head guy's dream assistant. He's an asset to a program, still in spite of all this. I don't want to run him over with a dump truck.

But i'm ready for the change. I'm hopeful for the change.
Yes, he would be a good assistant to give his positive Ollieisms. He can play the good cop to the bad cop head coach.

Reaction Score
What proof is there though that Chill can coach a lick? His Washington team last year was horrible despite having Fultz. I’d love to know what roles the different coaches have in developing the players because it’s not showing on the court. While the talent may not seem to be overwhelming, I still think the recruiting has been solid enough to field a competitive team. It’s the lack of coaching them up is the glaring weakness.
In reference to the finding talent comment of the poster

Reaction Score
I haven't seen UCONN so bad since the days of Perno. Perno wasn't a bad game coach he just couldn't get the talent to come to Uconn. We cheered when he recruited the 150 th player. This team has talent but the game management is sub par. Rip Van Winkle needs to wake up and not watch the game go by.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom