Ollie to Borges on Vance Jackson | The Boneyard

Ollie to Borges on Vance Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometimes lower expectations are a good thing. Pushes kids to work harder. I hope he tears it up next year!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The great thing about a class like this is you just know that one of these kids is going to explode and be the next great player at UConn. Alterique is the best bet, but would anyone be surprised if Durham, Vance, or Mamadou turn into great college players?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The great thing about having a jumpshot is you can play right away. The great thing about having a jumpshot at 6'8 is you play the stretch 4, which is something a team with good slashers needs.

Point being he's gonna see a lot of floor time if he knocks down those treys. Adams, Gilbert, purvis, and larrier are gonna need kick out options, and he could be the best standstill shooter from the moment he steps on the floor.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The great thing about a class like this is you just know that one of these kids is going to explode and be the next great player at UConn. Alterique is the best bet, but would anyone be surprised if Durham, Vance, or Mamadou turn into great college players?
I think that Durham will be at least really good if his knees hold up. Vance has got to be able to defend to play much. It would be so nice to have a clutch 3 point shooter again in the mold of Rashad. Diarra seems to have a more narrow set of skills, but he could get more minutes than all in the early going (except AG) if he can play good defense as well as rebound like a maniac. The good defense is probably way too much to expect to start, but maybe he can make up for some mistakes with intensity and toughness.

C

Chief00

I agree with Vance his playing time will be dictated by his ability to play passable defense and frankly how poorly others shoot.

Reaction Score
From this tweet it would appear Vance is getting used to his new lifestyle!

I am glad to see eating on there 4 times. I really think the culprit behind these guys not getting more muscular and bigger is nutrition based.

Reaction Score
I think that Durham will be at least really good if his knees hold up. Vance has got to be able to defend to play much. It would be so nice to have a clutch 3 point shooter again in the mold of Rashad. Diarra seems to have a more narrow set of skills, but he could get more minutes than all in the early going (except AG) if he can play good defense as well as rebound like a maniac. The good defense is probably way too much to expect to start, but maybe he can make up for some mistakes with intensity and toughness.
a big man only needs to play defense, rebound extremely well, be able to catch it and put it down when they get it inside, and hit some free throws for me to fall in love with them

Reaction Score
a big man only needs to play defense, rebound extremely well, be able to catch it and put it down when they get it inside, and hit some free throws for me to fall in love with them

Durham's ceiling is much higher than that. The kid is an all out athlete. I wouldn't be surprised if he redshirts, gets healthy, plays his RSFR year and heads to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Durham's ceiling is much higher than that. The kid is an all out athlete. I wouldn't be surprised if he redshirts, gets healthy, plays his RSFR year and heads to the NBA.

Just a thought from a different perspective...a kid with 2 major knee injuries and an extremely high ceiling sits out another year, results in sacrificing looks from scouts and media, and is potentially risking injury again?

Thats a tough decision to make

Reaction Score

Don't sleep on Vital either, I feel like that kid is seven shades of scrappy and can shoot.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Vital either, I feel like that kid is seven shades of scrappy and can shoot.

He joined us late so I keep forgetting about him. Shame on me! He could be a great 4-year player for us as well.

Reaction Score
This team really needs someone "unexpected" to be a little special this coming year to make a lot of noise. Maybe VJ is the guy, maybe MD is, maybe JD is healthy, maybe CV has his best Brian Fair imitation off the bench?

Someone, or 2 even, needs to be that guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom