Ollie Speaks | The Boneyard

Ollie Speaks

Reaction Score
Wow, kinda pumped after that!

Things are wide open aside from maybe JA, lots of minutes to be had, not much is set in stone (yet)! I hope the players work hard to get minutes! I am hoping the competition for minutes really improves everyone in the long run.

Reaction Score
Hell yeah, let's go! When is the first preseason game? A couple weeks? I've never been more ready!

Reaction Score
I don't know, it sounds to me like KO is expecting a rough early part of the season and that is our gauntlet...

Seems like Ollie is trying to temper expectations for sure. Especially with Larrier. It's gonna be hard for a lot of these dudes.

I expect them to struggle at times, for sure. But damn, I just wanna see 'em play.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't know, it sounds to me like KO is expecting a rough early part of the season and that is our gauntlet...
He certainly is tempering expectations from my read. Early season up and downs, patience with Terry, are meant to curb excitement. Not sure how people see it otherwise.

Some answers to things. KO likes the look of AG and Jalen together. Polley is the back up to Terry. Diarra and Cobb are the early candidates for the 4 and 5. And Kwintin is young.

Reaction Score
He certainly is tempering expectations from my read. Early season up and downs, patience with Terry, are meant to curb excitement. Not sure how people see it otherwise.

Some answers to things. KO likes the look of AG and Jalen together. Polley is the back up to Terry. Diarra and Cobb are the early candidates for the 4 and 5. And Kwintin is young.

Wait I thought we confirmed that Kwintin was, in fact, old

Reaction Score

That may be true practically, but this is a fanbase that needs to be excited again.

And on the practical side, if we struggle through another OOC schedule, that basically condemns us to irrelevance for most of the year. The program can't afford too many more years of that.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That may be true practically, but this is a fanbase that needs to be excited again.

And on the practical side, if we struggle through another OOC schedule, that basically condemns us to irrelevance for most of the year. The program can't afford too many more years of that.
I'm still excited. And pragmatic. Hopefully KO is just being cautious because of what happened last season and there are a lot of new players to be integrated versus an assessment of players.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Seems like Ollie is trying to temper expectations for sure. Especially with Larrier. It's gonna be hard for a lot of these dudes.

I expect them to struggle at times, for sure. But damn, I just wanna see 'em play.
We were 16-17 last year. Does he really need to temper expectation? That would require us to have a worse record than last year.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
We were 16-17 last year. Does he really need to temper expectation? That would require us to have a worse record than last year.
you come to that conclusion how?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Interesting comment about Terry Larrier:

"Terry Larrier pretty much hasn’t played the for past two years... I really want you all to take your time with Terry. Everybody’s hyping him up. I’m not going to say he’s not a great player — he has the potential to do that — but it’s going to take a little time as he works his way back into things."

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We have two players who have played together more than 3 games. Larrier hasn't played in two years.

Of course there will be bulbs in the road

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom