Ollie Needs To Work The Refs More | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie Needs To Work The Refs More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I understand stand this but to say KO is costing us games by not complaining to the refs you need proof that him complaining would get us more calls. Which I don't believe to be true.
Working the refs is a big part of college coaching and it's something Ollie needs help with. Calhoun was a master at it, he would damn near bully refs into making calls for us.

Reaction Score
Working the refs is a big part of college coaching and it's something Ollie needs help with. Calhoun was a master at it, he would damn near bully refs into making calls for us.
I'm not disagreeing but to say it's costing us games is extreme. If the players do what they are expected to do like make layups and play with constant energy then when win. Wether KO works the refs or not. Its something KO needs to work on no doubt. But there are actual things that are clearly costing us games KO not working the refs is not keeping us from winning games. Good Nite..

Reaction Score
That's what makes it even more frustrating. KO got to witness JC working refs for 5 years yet is so poor at it in his 4th year at the helm. Some seasons we routinely made more free throws most games than the opponent attempted, and it was a huge factor in winning so many games. JC would wipe his with Mick Cronin, now he's killing KO working the refs. KO is a very different guy than JC but I pray Calhoun can help him at least hold his own in this area.

Reaction Score
I didn't state this in the OP, but working the refs is not all at fault. A team that misses like 10 wide open layups in a game deserves to lose. But the team is one of the best FT shooting teams in the country. So at least the game would be closer.

OT, but I find Cincy fans to be the least classiest in the conference. Reading their boards, they openly boo their own players at home and bring Fire Mick posters to the game. Mick is arguably the best coach in the conference and has gathered interest from P5 schools. Yet after one bad play they want to fire him LOL. And booing college players is wrong, IMO. Saying they are playing bad is one thing, but in my opinion to boo your home team that has won 20 games is just classless.

Reaction Score
Don't you guys remember when we used to shoot 15-20 FT's a game??? I think they said we shot 12 in the last 4-5 games!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom