Ollie Needs To Work The Refs More | The Boneyard

Ollie Needs To Work The Refs More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please don't start this up again. Must we make this thread after every loss God damn

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm inclined to agree. Don't know how else you can explain the discrepancy that we see in these games.

Reaction Score
When it applies damn near every game, YES!
NO!! Repeating the same thing over and over and over again is pointless. It's not a big enough issue to continually bring up. I saw Ollie talking to the refs a couple of times tonite. Complaining about how you want Ollie to be Jim Calhoun after every game is annoying. This man did win a national championship, did he work the refs enough that year?

Reaction Score
NO!! Repeating the same thing over and over and over again is ing pointless. It's not a big enough issue to continually bring up. I saw Ollie talking to the refs a couple of times tonite. Complaining about how you want Ollie to be Jim Calhoun after every ing game is annoying. This man did win a national championship, did he work the refs enough that year?
Not a big enough issue? It's a massive issue and is helping to cost us games.

Reaction Score
Not a big enough issue? It's a massive issue and is helping to cost us games.
Cut it out!!! It's not helping to"cost us games". Missing lay ups are costing us games, going 5min stretches without scoring is costing us games, reliance on 3's are costing us games. Ollie yelling at the refs has not "cost" us one game this year. You mean to tell me that after any loss this year You thought to yourself " the reason we lost is because Ollie didn't 'work'the refs"? Seriously..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even though we have been reff burned, KO complaining to them will not get us offensive rebounds. Getting outmuscled hurt us today.

Reaction Score
Cut it out!!! It's not "costing us games". Missing lay ups are costing us games, going 5min stretches without scoring is costing us games, reliance on 3's are costing us games. Ollie yelling at the refs has not "cost" us one game this year. You mean to tell me that after any loss this year You thought to yourself " the reason we lost is because Ollie didn't 'work'the refs"? Seriously..

Seriously? count how many times Purvis gets hammered when he attacks the rim. Count how many times we got hammered when we got it down to 3.

Did you not see the Leprechaun work the refs at the half? Did you see Ollie do it?

Reaction Score
Cut it out!!! It's not helping to"cost us games". Missing lay ups are costing us games, going 5min stretches without scoring is costing us games, reliance on 3's are costing us games. Ollie yelling at the refs has not "cost" us one game this year. You mean to tell me that after any loss this year You thought to yourself " the reason we lost is because Ollie didn't 'work'the refs"? Seriously..
At Temple I thought Ollie should have been on the refs more.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I know that some of you love to wallow in your own misery, but for the rest of us, can we keep it to just one "KO can't handle the refs" thread? Is that really too much to ask?

Reaction Score
I know that some of you love to wallow in your own misery, but for the rest of us, can we keep it to just one "KO can't handle the refs" thread? Is that really too much to ask?

Thank God no one is forced to open threads they don't approve of....

Reaction Score

So the OP shouldn't bring up how we consistently get the short end on foul calls and FT shooting? The game just ended 30 minutes ago and this is a freaking message board.

Reaction Score
i will just never understand the mass amounts of fouls called on Miller for seemingly no reason every game.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So the OP shouldn't bring up how we consistently get the short end on foul calls and FT shooting? The game just ended 30 minutes ago and this is a freaking message board.

No, OP and others who start similar threads should just keep it in one thread.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The officiating has been bad all year
It appears that the refs don't cut UConn any deals on close calls and UConn does seem to get mauled under the basket with little whistle action.
The traveling calls are weird the obvious ones are ignored while everyone is allowed an exaggerated Euro step.
I'm not sure if the refs have cost UConn any games but they have kept some games close.
As far as KO's interaction - he's not JC or Cronin.
Could he be more vocal? maybe but I don't see it being a huge issue

Reaction Score

Yes, seriously.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He needs to show a little fire. However, if he's going to get a T, it had better be for something better than 52 pickup.

Reaction Score
Even though we have been reff burned, KO complaining to them will not get us offensive rebounds. Getting outmuscled hurt us today.
The myth that there is a disconnect between refs calling everything against you (offensive fouls, touch fouls on defense) and poor play has to stop. Players will play and make adjustments depending on how the game is called. Players play differently when saddled with personal fouls than not. A sure fire way to tame aggressiveness is to have the officials make most calls go against you. There is a strong connection between the refs calling a poor game against you and you playing poorly.

The only case that can be made in your favor is to say refs are not responsible for UConn missing 20 of their foul shots. That was not the case.

Reaction Score
If you don't think refs can have influence on a basketball game and that coaches working a ref or not working refs has no influence on refs behavior then we have nothing else to talk about. You should probably pick another sport to follow.

Reaction Score
If you don't think refs can have influence on a basketball game and that coaches working a ref or not working refs has no influence on refs behavior then we have nothing else to talk about. You should probably pick another sport to follow.
No my point is the Ollie "not working" the refs is so far down on are problem list that it's not worth constantly repeating. We get he needs work in that area but to make the case that were losing because he isn't working the refs is absurd. If we make our layups and come out focused from the tip no one is talking about Ollie working the refs because we would have won

Reaction Score
No my point is the Ollie "not working" the refs is so far down on are problem list that it's not worth constantly repeating. We get he needs work in that area but to make the case that were losing because he isn't working the refs is absurd. If we make our layups and come out focused from the tip no one is talking about Ollie working the refs because we would have won
So far down the problem list? We just lost a game in which the opponent attempted 9 more free throws than us with 5 more makes. As a coincidence, the margin of defeat was 5! This has been a glaring problem under KO and was again today, wake up.

Reaction Score
I absolutely would have started a thread about the refs if we won. They were horrible towards us and it certainly had an impact on the game, don't know if they were the difference between us winning and losing but they certainly impacted us negatively.

Reaction Score
I absolutely would have started a thread about the refs if we won. They were horrible towards us and it certainly had an impact on the game, don't know if they were the difference between us winning and losing but they certainly impacted us negatively.
I understand stand this but to say KO is costing us games by not complaining to the refs you need proof that him complaining would get us more calls. Which I don't believe to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom