Ollie needs to learn how to use a techinal foul | The Boneyard

Ollie needs to learn how to use a techinal foul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He should have gone around the bend in the first five minutes tonight and put the refs on notice.

And maybe, they have a chance.

UConn and Ollie certainly seem to come up short with the striped shirts when UConn plays against legacy coaches like Brown or Pitino. Granted the legends seem to get the calls in most games, but you don't have sit there and take it.

Reaction Score
UConn and Ollie certainly seem to come up short with the striped shirts when UConn plays against legacy coaches like Brown or Pitino. Granted the legends seem to get the calls in most games, but you don't have sit there and take it.

I hate the way he interacts with officials. Way too passive. He did not stand up for his players tonight. They had little chance to win. The refs took away any chance to be competitive. If you don't stand up for them than what's the point?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hate the way he interacts with officials. Way too passive. He did not stand up for his players tonight. They had little chance to win. The refs took away any chance to be competitive. If you don't stand up for them than what's the point?

I'm pretty sure the cameras caught Ollie in a "God Damn" comment looking down the bench at his assistants tonight.

Reaction Score
We have no shot at winning with Brimah on the bench. That abomination call for Brimahs 4th foul should have resulted in more than a bad look at the refs from Ollie.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
coach k*

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
We have no shot at winning with Brimah on the bench. That abomination call for Brimahs 4th foul should have resulted in more than a bad look at the refs from Ollie.

I think it has become clear that our offense needs Brimah to be effective. If he is down there the lane opens up because the defense has to guard against the alley-oop. Without him the defense can almost disregard our front court and clog up the lane.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the cameras caught Ollie in a "God Damn" comment looking down the bench at his assistants tonight.

He should have been looking down at the refs instead. On two of AB's fouls KO gave him a why would you do that look. Calhoun would have been ripping the refs a new one. Also he has really and I mean REALLY bad judgement on when to call a time out...which turns an ugly situation into an uglier one.... still don't understand why he is so passive... is it an NBA thing?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I had an out of body experience. I was at the arena and was the assistant coach, after brimahs phantom 4th call I ripped off my coat and shirt. Buttons flying everywhere. I picked up the chair I was sitting on, closed it, put it over my head, and started smashing it on the scorers desk. ripped out the monitors and started firing them out of the cannon i created, at the officials.

Reaction Score
Ollie gets zero respect from the refs and certainly some of that is Ollie's own doing. He never gets into the refs, the only time I remember him going after them was last year when the guy almost took Giffey's head off on a three pointer.

Reaction Score
He should have been looking down at the refs instead. On two of AB's fouls KO gave him a why would you do that look. Calhoun would have been ripping the refs a new one. Also he has really and I mean REALLY bad judgement on when to call a time out...which turns an ugly situation into an uglier one.... still don't understand why he is so passive... is it an NBA thing?
Brown, Calipari and Pitino were NBA coaches and they are not passive.

Reaction Score
If the no threads on officiating is still in effect this one should be deleted in no time.

C

Chief00

I agree to some extent but also know he would get a T pretty quick. Because he is held to a different standard than Jim.

Reaction Score
It is just part of the game. It's one way a coach protects his players. We rarely get the benefit of the doubt. Boat has been beat up all year. Opponents regularly go over the back of our rebounders. It's worth more than the point tat the T gives up to level the playing field.

And BTW, shouldn't the refs protect the most valuable property in the league. They do in other conferences.

Reaction Score
This whole concept is superstition.

No it's not.

And for mini darren no one here is saying that refereeing played a part in this loss. They sucked, but they also got jobbed and he allows it. Has to change. Jim Calhoun may have very well gotten the UConn job partially because of his win over UConn in the Colonial Classic while at Northeastern. Does anyone remember one of the biggest turning points in that game? UConn jumped out to a nice lead and great start and they were, as usual in their tournament, getting the benefit of the calls it was obvious. All of a sudden this big Irishman rips his jacket off at half court, throws it over the bench and chases a ref or 2. Got T'd up immediately but he had his say.

UConn didn't get a call the rest of the first half and lost the game. It's part of the game, and KO hasn't transitioned into this portion yet!

Reaction Score
When Brown got that out of bounds call reversed I was so discouraged that our Coach just made a funny face in response. Coach has to protect the innocent, especially kids who can only turn to him and no one else.

Reaction Score
No it's not.

And for mini darren no one here is saying that refereeing played a part in this loss. They sucked, but they also got jobbed and he allows it. Has to change. Jim Calhoun may have very well gotten the UConn job partially because of his win over UConn in the Colonial Classic while at Northeastern. Does anyone remember one of the biggest turning points in that game? UConn jumped out to a nice lead and great start and they were, as usual in their tournament, getting the benefit of the calls it was obvious. All of a sudden this big Irishman rips his jacket off at half court, throws it over the bench and chases a ref or 2. Got T'd up immediately but he had his say.

UConn didn't get a call the rest of the first half and lost the game. It's part of the game, and KO hasn't transitioned into this portion yet!
:rolleyes: at this entire post

Reaction Score
I always felt Calhoun represented us with officials. People were afraid to not treat Calhoun fairly. I don't know that Ollie works if he doesn't pick up this part of his game. That sort of pissed. Off coach demeanor. We were owned on the court yesterday and when we started to make a run the brimah. 4th and the ball reversal bappened. Not to mention the bs. Theit point guard pulled yesterday. Those refs reffed for Larry Brown. I also think we need to think thru assistant coaches if player development, basic sets and recruiting don't see an improvement. This is theit 3rd season. Would like to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom