Ollie interviewed on ESPNU podcast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie interviewed on ESPNU podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whoever put together the composite rankings didn't do his or her homework:

The Huskies have coasted to three wins, but the schedule picks up. Two of their next three games are against Michigan and Maryland.

Seems as though they don't know about the upcoming tournament filled with talented teams...Michigan and Maryland are two of UConn's next five games.

Reaction Score
Yup with Miller playing the 5. Syracuse has NO and I mean NO inside presence this year. They are challenged to rebound, and they are chucking 3's on the offensive end. They are going to live and die by that this year. I dont think you will see many plays run for the interior right now from them. I really want to see the Adams,Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller lineup a lot if we get cuse. We could decimate that zone.

Teams that chuck a lot of 3's against us scare me. They seem to come up the court and once they are within 2 or 3 feet of NBA range they bomb away because they know thats the only open shot they'll get and against us, they hit those shots. Hopefully thats not the case against us. On the offensive side I hope we arent tentative to shoot 3's to bust up that zone a bit (ofcourse we will hit that guy in the middle too just above the FT line). If we play cuse though, i think that could be a dangerous game for us.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Teams that chuck a lot of 3's against us scare me. They seem to come up the court and once they are within 2 or 3 feet of NBA range they bomb away because they know thats the only open shot they'll get and against us, they hit those shots. Hopefully thats not the case against us. On the offensive side I hope we arent tentative to shoot 3's to bust up that zone a bit (ofcourse we will hit that guy in the middle too just above the FT line). If we play cuse though, i think that could be a dangerous game for us.
well we havent defended the 3 very well this year so that is cause for concern. I like the lineup I listed above on offense because with D ham at the foul line we can spread 3 good 3 point shooters on the 3 point line (adams, gibbs, purvis) and really run them around.

Reaction Score
well we havent defended the 3 very well this year so that is cause for concern. I like the lineup I listed above on offense because with D ham at the foul line we can spread 3 good 3 point shooters on the 3 point line (adams, gibbs, purvis) and really run them around.
Yup and i'm not so much worried on the offensive end, I think we can score against the Zone like have already, NH did us a favor buy playing Zone against us that game! Its on the defensive end where we need to get up on them before they get to the 3 point line. Guys need to help out so that if someone has to go under a pick (always try to go over without getting an offensive foul) someone else is there to get a hand in the shooters face without fouling. We need to force them inside make them go up against our bigs. If our defense can handle them raining 3s then I think we can win against them in easy fashion.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Whoever put together the composite rankings didn't do his or her homework:
Seems as though they don't know about the upcoming tournament filled with talented teams...Michigan and Maryland are two of UConn's next five games.

Proves again that the mainstream MCBB analytic landscape is woeful. I have to think it would be a piece of piss for a quarter of the guys on this forum to hold down and shine in a solid MCBB analyst/commentator role. Champs could easily do it, if he refined his loquaciousness a bit. Gurley...those types of guys.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Teams that chuck a lot of 3's against us scare me. They seem to come up the court and once they are within 2 or 3 feet of NBA range they bomb away because they know thats the only open shot they'll get and against us, they hit those shots. Hopefully thats not the case against us.

Well, UCONN will just have to adjust to that if that's the plan. Shouldn't be that difficult to pick up, especially if the opponent is weak inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom