Ollie/ Benedict | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie/ Benedict

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Shouldn't someone who's ostensibly upset at the team's performance be happy that players and coaches who played a role in the lack of on-court success are being shown the door? Shouldn't losing a top recruit not be that big of a deal given Ollie's poor job on the recruiting trail and inability to identify talent?

I also don't care one iota about you wagging your finger about your track record of "being right." Part of me thinks you guys actually root for certain coaches and players to fail so you can take a victory lap around the board.

Why would he be happy? The swirling sh!tstorm continues unabated for now. If we dumped KO and lost another 4 players in the fallout, then you can make this post. Until then....

I'm upset at the team's performance and can be OK with a coaching shake up to get more out of our players than we have seen or I can be OK with a 'run off' in the JC sense, where we misfired on an eval here or there and needed the roster space. While the coaching changes look purposeful, the player turnover does not because you can't lose 4 of your top gets and then turn around and act like it was all part of the master plan. Mix that with the coaching instability (no matter how justified) and it looks even worse.

I can't see how you replace that many bodies at this late a date and end up with a better team than you had at the end of a terrible season. I can't see how it makes for an attractive environment for available talent. Maybe I'm wrong and KO pulls in talent and the coaching changes pay off and we get a tournament birth next year (I'd sign up for that right now even if it meant a losing season and an AACT Championship followed by a first round loss).....but nothing he's done since the 1st half of 2014 (I know it was/is huge) is giving me any reason to believe that.

I'd love to be wrong and will watch and attend games next season hoping I am wrong.

Reaction Score
when in the hell have you ever seen a school release a statement to speak on/address transfers? The coaching staff just needs to get to work on filling the schollies, which I assume they're doing.
True...but when was the last time you saw this
much negative activity at one time at one school?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Looks like KO's Ten Toes In was a Shabazz thing. Haven't heard him say it in a lo g time.

Damn you Stephanie!

Last edited:
Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Virginia just had 3 transfers about 2 weeks ago, no statement from Tony Bennett. When AO, Roscoe Smith, and Michael Bradley transferred there was no statement from JC. Just go to work.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to look it up but i'm a million percent sure there is no precedent when it comes to an AD holding a press conference regarding transfers from a basketball team.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Everyone in your corner is basing their conclusions off of smoke, mirrors, Twitter posts from less-than-reliable characters, and in some cases pure gut feeling. Forgive me if I don't find that compelling. You guys are jaded and upset by a losing season that featured some very poor basketball, and you're jumping to conclusions that confirm your feelings.

If there is a problem, hard evidence will come out eventually, and I'll adjust my views as that happens.
At some point you just have to give it up, and simply admit something, anything is amiss here. Even if the reason is what everyone is saying regarding Ollie wanting to start fresh then there's still the problem of what the hell were we doing with that roster if it was so ineffective in the first place.

Reaction Score
At some point you just have to give it up, and simply admit something, anything is amiss here. Even if the reason is what everyone is saying regarding Ollie wanting to start fresh then there's still the problem of what the hell were we doing with that roster if it was so ineffective in the first place.
What is his argument anyway? That we're upset about a bad year and having no players left? Or that we aren't completely emotionless when it comes to sports teams we follow?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Diaco was fired for losing the fan base. Let's not forget that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Why do we think they owe us a statement?

I'm glad someone used the word "us" here.
A "public statement" would serve no great purpose, but I think you can expect a New Member who will post under the name "Benedict Oliver," and beneath his name it will say "Eternally Loyal." This poster will explain all, tell all, and satisfy all. Why? Because The Boneyard demands and deserves nothing less.
Now you know.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Something amiss? Our recruiting from 2012-2015 due to the ban, coaching change, and conference. Add to that an obvious lack of interior players. AB has to take part of the blame for clogging up the roster and not getting appreciably better, but so do the coaches. If 2017 Facey showed up in 2015, he'd be the starting center.

Vance was a headcase, his game is exactly what he was doing late in the season. Apparently that wasn't good enough for him, good luck. Enoch wasn't any better than Olander. He was 5 fouls that could be replaced with a better defender/rebounder. It always hurts to lose a top recruit but I like our top 3 guards right now and don't think we need someone who would start next season.

Durham is the one that hurts, he looked like he had the potential to be really good here and his departure is puzzling as F.

The sky is falling talk will be affirmed or dispelled depending on who we get this class to replace them. Right now we have half of a championship level team, we need to find the other half.

pj

Reaction Score
Looks like KO's Ten Toes In was a Shabazz thing. Haven't heard him say it in a lo g time.

Damn you Stephanie!

It does seem like KO may have been demoralized by his divorce and the bad spirit rubbed off on the players.

Hopefully he's recovered and a dedicated, excited, demanding KO is going to infect a new group of players that are ten toes, 2 ventricles, and 2 atria in.

pj

Reaction Score
Diaco was fired for losing the fan base. Let's not forget that.

Diaco was fired for losing, period. Was there anything he didn't lose? Fans, players, games, red socks?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What is his argument anyway? That we're upset about a bad year and having no players left? Or that we aren't completely emotionless when it comes to sports teams we follow?
The usual "other side" argument that all the panic and chaos from the fans is only based on "smoke and mirrors and tweets" as if these types of periods are the hallmark of every rebuilding team's offseason. What can I say I don't really even know what to say to certain arguments anymore...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom