Ollie and "Faithsight" | The Boneyard

Ollie and "Faithsight"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great read. It's refreshing to know we are off probation and have KO leading us into the future.

Reaction Score
Great read. It's refreshing to know we are off probation and have KO leading us into the future.
An off season/season without off court drama would be a nice change.

Reaction Score
Awesome article. Ollie is a combination coach/preacher/philsopher. He is a walking quote machine. I have to admit I never thought he would be like this. He is so positive and just seems like a great motivator. If he can recruit and the league affiliation doesn't hurt too much the sky is the limit. FAITHSIGHT!

Reaction Score
My only hesitance is that he doesn't turn out to be more like a Herm Edwards. Herm was motivationally great and a great guy. If I had a kid who played, I'd want him to learn life lessons from a guy like him....but he couldn't cut the x and o grade.

From what I've seen with wins over Izzo and Boeheim and Brey, I think KO is the guy on the chalkboard too....but the preachey stuff bears watching.

Reaction Score
One of the things I remember about KO: the first charity game at Mohegan Sun, when just about everyone came back, most of the guys were goofing around, smiling at each other, etc. Having a good time - as they should. Kevin, though, had his game scowl going - he was seriously digging down and guarding people, annoyed at turnovers and defensive lapses, and then saved his smiles and laughs for post game.

This was before he got his five-year deal, so he probably still had that battle for everything mentality every time he laced them up. Perhaps he lightened up a little in other reunions - but only a little.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
What a terrific article. We're lucky to have him. And thank you, Coach Calhoun, you manipulative SOB, for having maneuvered so adroitly to make KO your successor. You knew what you were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom