Olivia's Nose? | The Boneyard

Olivia's Nose?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Didn't Geno say after the game that it wasn't broken, was just bruised?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Didn't Geno say after the game that it wasn't broken, was just bruised?

He said that in a non committal fashion. I suspect if it was later found to be broken or in general serious, we would have heard about it by now.

Reaction Score
On a semi related issue for Haley Jones and Stanford not saying anything, I would assume Haley Jones attends games to support the team, and it should be pretty obvious if she was wearing a cast on her leg.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
On a semi related issue for Haley Jones and Stanford not saying anything, I would assume Haley Jones attends games to support the team, and it should be pretty obvious if she was wearing a cast on her leg.
She's been on the sidelines, most recently on Friday and was moving without a visible brace and seemed in good spirits. We should see her tonight on the bench as well and maybe the announcers will tell us something...doubt it, but maybe :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liv should watch some Sue Bird Mask videos for some inspiration.

Reaction Score
I don't see a downside to Olivia wearing a mask, other than some initial awkwardness and discomfort. From where she normally shoots the ball, any vision impairment will have a minor effect.

The upside is a mask may turn Olivia into a terror inside.

Olivia has never shown any shyness toward contact, quite the contrary, but I noticed Tina Charles seemed like a different player after she started wearing a mask in the WNBA - she went from being aggressive to super aggressive.

Olivia has learned some new moves in the past few months which, coupled with the invulnerability a mask provides could be enough to send her to the next level.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sore but not broken: Olivia Nelson-Ododa plans to wear a protective mask after getting hit in the nose by UCF’s Masseny Kaba during Saturday’s win.

Assistant coach Shea Ralph credited the sophomore for toughing it out at practice.

“She’s handled it great,” Ralph said Monday. “Liv’s matured a lot over the last several months. That knock to the face, she’s out here today like nothing happened. A lot of people, that would’ve put them down for a couple days. I’m impressed.”

Reaction Score
Any word on Olivia's nose?
It is a fine one. You could see after the game that she was feeling pretty good. So I would be shocked if it were broken, and she has to either miss games or wear one of those hideous masks.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
wear one of those hideous masks.
If you look at previous posts in this thread (one with a tweet from UCTV Sports), she was wearing one of those hideous masks at practice on Monday...

Reaction Score
If you look at previous posts in this thread (one with a tweet from UCTV Sports), she was wearing one of those hideous masks at practice on Monday...
Maybe. But I didn't have to see it, did I?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom