Olivia Ododa-Nelson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Olivia Ododa-Nelson

Reaction Score
I think Geno was trying to mold her, not expecting her to bolt after one year. I'm not sure he'll have the luxury of restricting minutes as tight unless a few of the bench players really surprise and step up.
Agreed but some of it was his lack of trust in her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I couldn't make the correction. I did try. Thank you!!
We’ve seen Odoba and Adoba instead of Ododa, so you were closer than some. Maybe I’ll call her Olive Adobe-Nielsen. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Agreed but some of it was his lack of trust in her.

And he could put a great five out there with her on the bench. Would she have played more had, say, Gabby Williams not been around? I'd bet on it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For the hyphen challenged, Liv also goes by Olivia K. Nelson.

Reaction Score
She has to dominate the paint. We havent had a physical presence in the middle since the Tina Charles show.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She has to dominate the paint. We havent had a physical presence in the middle since the Tina Charles show.

You forget Dolson, or are you not counting her as physical?

Reaction Score
I hope you have a little "Carnac" in you. :D She has a chance to be better. She'll be under the tut-ledge of Geno for 4 years. Azura only had him for 2. Stevens was conflicted some what because during her time at Duke and UConn, she was asked to do different things in totally different systems. The expectations she'll have at UConn I believe will also be greater than those Stevens had at Duke. Having to sit out a year because of NCAA transfer rules didn't help Azura's overall development either. :cool:
I think Stevens' biggest problem was the 6 inches between her ears. In WBB, if you're 6-6, coordinated, and a real player, a full year plus to learn the system, get stronger, and develop some post moves should be plenty to be ready to dominate with the talent she had around her. If I was Auriemma, I would've been totally frustrated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom