Olivia Nelson Ododa update | The Boneyard

Olivia Nelson Ododa update

Reaction Score
I'm thrilled she proved the doubters here and elsewhere wrong...........for whatever reason she really came into her own after UConn although I'm sure she would insist that her UConn training led to her rapid development at the next level...........

Reaction Score
I'm thrilled she proved the doubters here and elsewhere wrong...........for whatever reason she really came into her own after UConn although I'm sure she would insist that her UConn training led to her rapid development at the next level...........

It's strange how that happens in sports. There have been a lot of great college athletes that go on to mediocre professional careers. Then there are athletes like Olivia who perform better in the pros than they did in college.

Reaction Score
It's strange how that happens in sports. There have been a lot of great college athletes that go on to mediocre professional careers. Then there are athletes like Olivia who perform better in the pros than they did in college.
Very true.........selfishly I would have preferred it if she had peaked at UConn and that continued in the pros !!:rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A beautiful woman...
Yes she is. I hope she is a very happy girl now. She had to endure a lot of flack at UConn and she handled it well. She saved the best for her senior campaign and she was fun to watch. If I had to chose a word to describe Olivia I would chose one rarely applied to athletes: Dignified. Conquer the world Olivia, but come home for a visit now and then.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson is engaged to a former Princeton player. He also played for the Magic for a while
Devin Cannady, who KLS is engaged too, now plays for the South Bay Lakers in the "G" League.

Reaction Score
I believe part of it is they are older when their college careers are over and as adults they obtain a wealth of maturity and confidense that their college careers finally instilled in them. They realized that they belonged at the Pro level. Someone might expand on this thought more eloquently than I did, but that's my take. It doesn't work for everyone but some flourish like Olivia.

Reaction Score
Love to watch videos of ONO in the pros. Now seems less constrained and more relaxed. Plays at a different speed than in college on both offense and defense.

Reaction Score
While I did not always think she would do this well. I did believe, from the very beginning, that she had the best protential of success of the group of freshman she came to UConn with.

Reaction Score
Love to watch videos of ONO in the pros. Now seems less constrained and more relaxed. Plays at a different speed than in college on both offense and defense.
Bingo!!!

Reaction Score
Agree she had her doubters here and still do not understand it. Humans just like plants have a variable maturation schedule and not all blossom at the same age. Always liked Olivia and her work ethic. She meant more to the team than some folks realized.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom