Olivia Nelson-Ododa has begun her pro-international career | The Boneyard

Olivia Nelson-Ododa has begun her pro-international career

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Olivia Nelson-Ododa has begun her pro-international career with the Melbourne Boomers
1f31f.png
1f7e3.png
Their season begins Nov 13th! She rocks both the Aussie & LA purple/gold! (Borrowed from FB)

1667048661665.png

Reaction Score
There’s a couple of Liv’s highlight reels making the rounds online and you can really see how her offense has developed. She has a really smooth fall-away jumper and an array of clever reverses and flip shots around the rim.

Reaction Score
One of the most frustrating UConn players ever.........the offensive skills were always there but just never blossomed on a consistent basis............she will be missed this season at UConn, especially her defense/shot blocking.......

Reaction Score
Because Liv had so much potential, what with her height, agility and quickness, we always seemed to focus on what she DIDN’T do.
Re-watching some of the games from her UCONN career reminds us of the things she was able to do and her accomplishments.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Was this a very recent signing? The team roster link does not show her included but I guess she is the 2nd USA player (Is the limit?)

Liv signed a couple of months ago. I have no idea why Melbourne Boomers delayed the announcement. She should be on the roster page by game 1.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One of the most frustrating UConn players ever.........the offensive skills were always there but just never blossomed on a consistent basis............she will be missed this season at UConn, especially her defense/shot blocking.......
Charlie..............as much as I like ONO, I have to agree with you. Every year, I kept waiting for her to blossom into a complete player and abandon that "fly-swat" shot-blocking technique and the magic tricks. I never expected her to be the player Boston is, but I was hoping for something close. Good luck to Olivia. I supported her then; I support her now. I'll be following her pro career. :cool: I hope she makes the most of the opportunities before her.

Reaction Score
that "fly-swat" shot-blocking technique
I know, right? What's the point of swatting at the ball? If you don't get whistled for a foul, you still don't get the ball in most cases. You just let the other team reload for another try. I dream of someone who emulates Bill Russell, who knew that he just wanted to nudge the ball up so he could grab it and fling it down court. I had high hopes Ice would be that player, since she seemed to show that sense in the FIBA games.

Reaction Score
There's no question that LIV was a stellar defender, but running UConn's hi-post offense and her PASSING were Liv's greatest contributions and will be sorely missed this season .. her team-leading assists and screens for Paige were works-of-art, eh?

Reaction Score
Because Liv had so much potential, what with her height, agility and quickness, we always seemed to focus on what she DIDN’T do.
Re-watching some of the games from her UCONN career reminds us of the things she was able to do and her accomplishments.
I'm with you. I think she played out of her natural position at UCONN because she had to. There's nothing I have ever seen on her hs videos that consistently highlighted...there's a natural 5. Reminds me of Shakira Austin who left MD so she could play more of a 4. Difference is Liv decided to stay and tough it out. Nothing against Austin. I don't want to drift off topic, but I'm trying to recall another UCONN player that changed their position, not for a few games, but their entire stay at UCONN. Always be grateful for what she gave considering the circumstances.

Reaction Score
Olivia Nelson-Ododa has begun her pro-international career with the Melbourne Boomers
1f31f.png
1f7e3.png
Their season begins Nov 13th! She rocks both the Aussie & LA purple/gold! (Borrowed from FB)
Their season actually starts Wednesday. Not sure what the Facebook source you found was talking about.
Liv signed a couple of months ago. I have no idea why Melbourne Boomers delayed the announcement. She should be on the roster page by game 1.
It's super confusing. They announced her on Instagram and used her in promos, but have not bothered to announce it in an article.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Livs first game overseas for the Melbourne Boomers is done

9 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 assists

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
2nd half highlights video

Liv looked pretty passive to me and not really in the flow. Hope that wears off. Had a knee covering and did not look right running the floor

Reaction Score
Australia has a strong basketball culture. It's really good to see. Plus, the team names are really cool, like the Perth Lynx and the Melbourne Boomers. That's serious naming genius.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom