Olivia Nelson-Ododa discusses her experience playing in the AmeriCup | The Boneyard

Olivia Nelson-Ododa discusses her experience playing in the AmeriCup

Reaction Score
New Hartford Courant Article:

Eight days before the UConn women’s basketball team officially starts practice, sophomore Olivia Nelson-Ododa found herself on a podium surrounded by 11 of her teammates as gold confetti rained down...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"Sponge". Love it. In hindsight, if only one UCONN college player were to make the team, I'm glad it was ONO. While I think CW would have learned a lot, I think ONO learned a TON. IMHO she needed the experience more than Christyn.

Don't get me wrong - I think CW should have been on the team over Sessions, but she's improved so much, and ONO really needed this more - to round out her incredible summer experience...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m a big fan of ONO. I’m drinking my ONO kool-aide with out a glass, straight out of the pitcher. I’m looking for her to make huge strides this year. I’m predicting she’ll have a 20-20 game sometime this season. Don’t forget she had a 16 rebound game last year. Kristine Anigwe had a 28/25 game against Brown her junior year. The first time in 3 years.

One of our posters said that if she/he was ONO, she/he would have worn all of the medals won this summer to class her first day back.

It’s not a matter of showing off, quite the contrary, they are conversation pieces. She could have made a ton of new fans that day. Some of those new fans (classmates) would have leaped at the opportunity to put one of those medals on and take a selfie.

ONO would have made a fan for life because she took the time to share her success with a fellow student who is not an athlete. How many of us have ever seen a real Olympic or FIBA gold medal, let alone put one on? I haven’t.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom