Olivia Nelson-Ododa (COVID Year) | The Boneyard

Olivia Nelson-Ododa (COVID Year)

Reaction Score
I don’t know how the scholarships are divided with the COVID year and this may be wishful thinking

But I think Liv should stay at Uconn for another year. Plus we could use her next year

Hopefully she feels the same way.

Reaction Score
I agree. Another year in the weight room. Some more offensive moves. A jump hook from the left block. A spin and jump shot would help. Practice mid rannge elbow jumpers and 3 pointers. Her defense and passing are WNBA but she needs to work on her offense.

Reaction Score
While I think she would benefit from another season to prepare for the W, I think it’s best for the team if she moves on. She’s been a great contributor, but it’s time for this team to have a fresh look inside. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I love all the players on this team, they seem like great kids and I hope the seniors go on and do great things in whatever they choose. However, if ONO leaves because she wants to pursue the WNBA I’m really sorry but I just don’t see it lasting long. She would be eaten alive in the post in the league. (I hope I’m wrong)

Reaction Score
I love all the players on this team, they seem like great kids and I hope the seniors go on and do great things in whatever they choose. However, if ONO leaves because she wants to pursue the WNBA I’m really sorry but I just don’t see it lasting long. She would be eaten alive in the post in the league. (I hope I’m wrong)
I think you may be surprised..............pro ball is going to allow her to showcase more of her skillset than we seen at UConn and I don't think she'll be playing just at the post........

Reaction Score
Don't think it's going to happen. She'll be 22 this summer, has her economics degree, and is probably ready to get on with her adult life.
Please God, NO!

She hasn't improved during her four years at UConn. And against strong competition, she underperforms. Last night she scored just five points on one basket. She pulled down just five rebounds and fouled out.

It's time for ONO to move on, though I strongly doubt that she has a chance of making any roster in the WNBA.

It's time to give Gabriel a serious look and real playing opportunities. And it's time to clear the deck for Ayanna Patterson and Ice Brady, 6'2" and 6'3" respectively, to see what they can do in the front court.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I don’t know how the scholarships are divided with the COVID year and this may be wishful thinking But I think Liv should stay at Uconn for another year. Plus we could use her next year Hopefully she feels the same way.
No thank you. It is time Dorka and Aaliyah to show their stuff. Also it is time for Amari, Piath, Ayanna, and Isuneh to display their potential.

Reaction Score
I know the thread is about ONO. But I still think that Evina should go pro in the last year. It's her best chance but not so much this off season.

Reaction Score
The decision to leave school and turn professional usually includes an estimate of how high you will be drafted. In Liv’s case how many bigs are going to be drafted ahead of her this year compared to next year and how many teams will need to add a big to their roster. Also, players outside the US have to be considered. If she thinks she can do better this year then she will not be back.

Reaction Score
you know the expression "you don't know what you had until it's gone"? ONO is not only the assist leader on the team, she's the defensive stopper that prevents drives through the lane..........check with me ten games in next season and let me know if you've had a change of heart.......
I feel the same way. I think next season there will be a lot of growing pains. CW and ONO have been the anchors in this lineup for the last few years, and next season Geno will not have the luxury of bringing in someone like Evina off the bench. This senior class has been criticized more than others in my opinion, but make no mistake, in two weeks a big part of this team is leaving. The next time you see any of them at Gampel it will be as spectators.

Reaction Score
No thank you. It is time Dorka and Aaliyah to show their stuff. Also it is time for Amari, Piath, Ayanna, and Isuneh to display their potential.
Agree 100%, but she still may come back, and not as a player. Heard it here first folks. :cool:

Reaction Score
you know the expression "you don't know what you had until it's gone"? ONO is not only the assist leader on the team, she's the defensive stopper that prevents drives through the lane..........check with me ten games in next season and let me know if you've had a change of heart.......
Can’t agree with this more. She’s not the scoring threat everyone wants her to be, but her value is undeniable. It’s rare to have a big that can anchor the defense and facilitate as well as she does.

Reaction Score
Note: ONO had four blocks against UCF.... nicely done!!

Reaction Score
same with Williams, posters will soon appreciate what they had in those 2 players when they leave this season.

Reaction Score
ONO is a great defensive player and a real good passer with a pretty good shooting skills from the foul line area. That said she is very limited on offense and is having difficulty with scoring around the basket as she's got no moves there and what she didn't learn in 4 years, will not happen in 1 more year. She contribute greatly to this UConn team but it's time to move on for next season with giving minutes to players like Brady, Amari and PG and see how they develop.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't think it's going to happen. She'll be 22 this summer, has her economics degree, and is probably ready to get on with her adult life.
And more importantly, perhaps, I think she’s likely to play in the WNBA. i’d love to have her another year, but I don’t see it happening.

Reaction Score
ONO is a great defensive player and a real good passer with a pretty good shooting skills from the foul line area. That said she is very limited on offense and is having difficulty with scoring around the basket as she's got no moves there and what she didn't learn in 4 years, will not happen in 1 more year. She contribute greatly to this UConn team but it's time to move on for next season with giving minutes to players like Brady, Amari and PG and see how they develop.
I think she has more offensive weapons then we have seen...........not sure why these haven't been unlocked but I suspect we will see her in the pros and say why didn't she do that at UConn?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom