Oliver Luck | The Boneyard

Oliver Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Worth every fuc*ing penny. He took a great football school and overall very respectable athletic program and played the system. He saw the messy 2 years of BE/AAC crap and said I would rather struggle elsewhere then in that for a couple years. So he took a top 20 all time football brand and shopped. Got rejected by the SEC. Not a big deal. They are the fuc*ing SEC right? He then gets slapped in the face by the ACC. The same ACC that now has Lville in it. I think Lville is great, not ripping them. I am a big fan of there AD. But I'm talking from a purely academics and tradition level, the ACC snobbs were out in full force back then. So what does Luck do?

He steps back and takes another look at the landscape and he finds a way to win a epic war. WVU will nver be a toptop academics school. A big reason for that is because of state demographics which causes the school to have a low botom half due to state mission. But as far as top kids, scores, resarch and all that jazz, WVU holds its own no mtter what you read on a message board. They are not AAU they are not asfar fetched research wise as you may think. Anyway, so Luck took his best suit to Texas and had a talk with the B12 who was in a dier spot. He pitched how easy TCU was to add, more like confirmed it from a BE inside perspective but then pitched a great game. The B12 needed WVU imdiately. For the price it woud cost WVU to duck the BE asap and putting his school on a CR island he had a dance card up his sleve. The Worth of WU was his ace to Fox/12. Into the agreement made, WVU can duck the B12 after 3 years with no GOR attachment if the conference does not add atleast 2 more eastern schools.

This move was a monster player at the time. Remember? But there is a lot more. Luck then showed why he is playing chess. He then worked on the B1G and SEC and still is today. Nebraska tells you no matter how stuck a stick is up your butt that brand power and $ talk. At the same time he looked to wage a pr war on Lville. Clearly looking back he is quite the gamer. He new who the B1G was going after and knew the ACC's next best get was LVille. Hes fully aware of the UConn and ESPN pump and dump every CR play....

If you look at the current 10 team B12, its hard to find schools to add that add value. Truthfully, a handful of ACC schools do that. I wish UConn did, but the current setup is what it is and we don't provide the worth to them they need to add. A school like FSU or VPI did though. For 2 years now Luck's genius was on display. He fed the fanbase an fueled a PR war of epic porportions through message boards and Al Gore . As much of a whipping boy the WVU board became, it worked. We saw a FSU high up call out "the dude" and recntly with the ACC GOR it was mentined by another person that perception was deeply hurt from internet rumors and chat. Luck fed and fed and while some members of his fanbase look silly and are a joke to thers, his agenda which now will be met has the last laugh. College football is all about perception and money, college footbal drives the CR bus.

What Luck did was basically bid his future. He helped force the ACC to either GOR up or blow up. Either or both are great for WVU. If the ACC got a GOR, then WVU is on a island and the B12 can't find any east teams of value to add so WVU is free to go in 3 years. In this case the ACC now with Lville has 14 the SEC has 14 and the B1G has 14. WVU is now worth gold and extremely attractive to fill a slot vs any other school. If the ACC blew up, then WVU gets its on east division wih TCU and ACC schools in the B12 and is happy with the GOR. Life is good. Luck was in the driver seat all along. The year 3 check in on the GOR gave WVU the perfect spot to stay or go.

Whats going to hapen is that WVU now will be #1 on epansion lists because they starting for the 2015 season are a free agent kind of like UConn. Simply put - easy to add. WVU football brand wise makes them a huge add late in the game for any conference. Now comes a war. One that UConn needs to win. Thats vs Cincy.

The B10, SEC and ACC will all get in on this. I would argue that the b10 would want WVU and UConn while the SEC and ACC you could argue UConn vs Cincy. The question is where does WVU want to be?

The B1G made its move I think. They made a east division extremely attracive to WVU. They basically dangled a kate upton in front of them and said we will move the Indiana school in the east to the west for even #'s sake once you join or a Michigan school. In the B1G, WVU can flourish academically and rise. A new life for a stuggling coal state. It fits geographically and so much more. But there is one othe thing in play here. Somethig we all here as UConn fans misunderstood because of the savy of Luck to make everything a pr mess elsewhere. The B1G wanted northen VA to southen NE. UVA and UConn blah blah. What we all missed as that WVU does very well in DC and plays there a lot. Any Alums move to that area as thats where jobs are. JD and the B1G have had eyes all along. He has taken the B1G and doubled down in every big east market. He had completely out manuvered the ACC in the mid atlantic and NYC-Phii-DC especially. DC? JD/B1G went from no scools to WVU and MD. Pitt? He went from PSU not being enough to get high carriage fees, to now PSU and WVU fans getting enough in #'s together to get higher fees. Phili? Same story but with Rutgers andPSU. NYC? UConn and Ruty grab it with the rest of the east division alums together drawing the #'s. Whats the game above chess in a chess-checkers game pyramid? What ever it is, D was playing the game on top of that game. Fox and JD like ice box cake I heard.

Remember when the ACC was to good for WVU? Remember when ESPN didn't push to add WVU to either the ACC or SEC? Remember when UConn wasn't god enough for the ACC multiple times not because of wort but poitics? We were both easily in as members of the ACC fit wise. Make one good argument. You honestly can't. Football, markets, fan base size...Every argument is responded with a curent ACC team being worse. The B1G, Fox and JD feasted on Swofford and the ACC. Luck made them look like fools in the process. UConn is the story of a lifetime in college sports. From sticks to ships. B1G poppin'.

I believe this will land UH or Cincy in the B12. Notice those 2 are frantic to build and pump anything they can right now. Stadiums, coaches.....Living barely in the B12 until the next round in the 2020's is beter than the AAC for that stretch of years....The last laugh is the greatest. We built a HAVE in 10 years meanwhile Cuse not following Pitt to Public status landed them in the ACC with BC and Pitt vs the B1G. If Cuse wnt public tey would have became the fagship of NY, kept its AAU sttus with hel from the state, got a B1G invite over UConn and got lbany and Srook to joi Buffalo in the MAC. They really are Gene type dumb and JB type blind. As UConn fans we owe everything to these 3. From sticks to ships we own all 3 in bball. They showed us that playing football and being good at bball gets you a seat at the big boy table but having potential can get you far(see Ruty...). In the end I thank BCuniversity, BCnorth and BCwest for showing UConn the light. BCwest taught us how imporant NYC was to bball recruiting wise, BCnorth taught us how to be the best bball program outside the bluebloods and not fake it schedule wise or flop yearly in the ncaa's. Finally, BCu taught us that no matter how shity your fball or bball is, you can be good at hockey. So we upgraded that to.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is there a source, other than the voices in your head, for WVU having the right to opt out of the Big 12 GOR in 3 years?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is no way West Virginia ends up in the Big 10 - absolutely no way.

The Big Ten doesn't need their football program - they have all the heavyweights they need. The Big Ten sure as hell doesn't need their television market - it's not even in the top 150 largest. Academically...WV is a train wreck that caught fire and crashed into an orphanage.

There have been some huge, huge missteps in conference expansion - West Virginia going to the Big 12 was not one of them, but the Big 12 failing to get to 12 or 14 or 16 while the waters were roiled will ultimately be a huge mistake.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Texas will poke around for a few more months for a way to stay at 10, and then the NCAA will reject the waiver for a 10 team CCG. After that, the Big 12 will add Cincinnati and BYU. WVU will have a rival and travel partner.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The WVU 3 year look in is nothing more than good work by Luck and Texas playing the field. If the B12 got ACC teams to bite then the ACC dies and the B12 lives. But now with the ACC GOR the B12 lost. When WVU hits the road, the B12 will need to add a 10th and rework the GOR. At this point Texas can either add a 10th or decide its time for the B12 to die and blow it up. With 9 teams you need 5 for majority compared to 6 with 10. We all know Kansas is looking around. Votes wil be there if the dy comes. The Pac will either move now or forever be small.

The B12 can either add a UH or Cincy, or the 4x16 imediately comes to life. Just imagine:

PAC+tex/tt/ok/okst
B1G sitting pretty, the onl argument is indiana or michigan schools in the west division
-the question is who is Kansas talking with for 18? PAC or B1G? Charlie will eat a large cow while thinking about this. Then go poopy. I can see $ being worth it to the PAC with a BYU or BSU or a 3rd Texa school for 18. Not sure about B1G because a partner is hader to find for 18.
ACC+cincy/temple(make a north-south fit well, ohio for espn and connects nd somewhat, bball first....)
SEC+tcu/bay(adds to atm, texas market wise, very network strategic)
MWC=sdsu/haw(fball only)/fresno/sj/zaga(bball)/unlv/unr/wy/usu/cst//bsu/nm/kst/ist/uh/smu/tulsa/utep/byu(nd like deal)/stm(bball)
AAC=mem/ecu/usf/ucf/tul+sbelt, mac and cusa mash up to a MWC like size east conf.

There is your 100-110 school break away that JC taked about. Thers is no money to be mae in the MAC. A fewwill break away from the group together being left out I think. D1 will be these tyes and FCS types. D4 lets call it will be the top programs $ wise in fball...

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
welcome the fruck back. like a guy walking into a party at 10 pm carrying the liquor, disco ball, strobe light, pizza, and stereo with 10 dutch girls in tow.

Reaction Score
The WVU 3 year look in is nothing more than good work by Luck and Texas playing the field. If the B12 got ACC teams to bite then the ACC dies and the B12 lives. But now with the ACC GOR the B12 lost. When WVU hits the road, the B12 will need to add a 10th and rework the GOR. At this point Texas can either add a 10th or decide its time for the B12 to die and blow it up. With 9 teams you need 5 for majority compared to 6 with 10. We all know Kansas is looking around. Votes wil be there if the dy comes. The Pac will either move now or forever be small.

The B12 can either add a UH or Cincy, or the 4x16 imediately comes to life. Just imagine:

PAC+tex/tt/ok/okst
B1G sitting pretty, the onl argument is indiana or michigan schools in the west division...
ACC+cincy/temple(make a north-south fit well, ohio for espn and connects nd somewhat, bball first....)
SEC+tcu/bay(adds to atm, texas market wise, very network strategic)
MWC=sdsu/haw(fball only)/fresno/sj/zaga(bball)/unlv/unr/wy/usu/cst//bsu/nm/kst/ist/uh/smu/tulsa/utep/byu(nd like deal)/stm(bball)
AAC=mem/ecu/usf/ucf/tul+sbelt, mac and cusa mash up to a MWC like size east conf.

There is your 100-110 school break away that JC taked about.

Where is UCONN in this?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Where is UCONN in this?

B1G, I was not done wih it yet but my comp had a internet fail message showing so i quickly hit post to save what i had then get back in and edit....the B1G sits pretty at 16 before others. ACC is clearly 4th best.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

Why not just ignore this thread? See how you always start the issues? While i'm currently in the mood on here i might as well ask you how come you buddys blew up the boston marahon? as there a walmart on that street i didnt know about?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Is there a source, other than the voices in your head, for WVU having the right to opt out of the Big 12 GOR in 3 years?

source

There is no way West Virginia ends up in the Big 10 - absolutely no way.

The Big Ten doesn't need their football program - they have all the heavyweights they need. The Big Ten sure as hell doesn't need their television market - it's not even in the top 150 largest. Academically...WV is a train wreck that caught fire and crashed into an orphanage.

There have been some huge, huge missteps in conference expansion - West Virginia going to the Big 12 was not one of them, but the Big 12 failing to get to 12 or 14 or 16 while the waters were roiled will ultimately be a huge mistake.

for you to even respond to this means its completely true and you know it. some times the little fishy bites the bait(baby voice). ime to hnd over thekeys to whaler, he has to be more sober than you right now by default.

fishy always denies B1G talk because its true. he doesn't want D to see it an hen tell UConn sorry but yur fan spilled the beans.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
While i'm currently in the mood on here i might as well ask you how come you buddys blew up the boston marahon? as there a walmart on that street i didnt know about?

Exhibit A of why people are actually willing to pay to NOT have you post on this board.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
source

for you to even respond to this means its completely true and you know it. some times the little fishy bites the bait(baby voice). ime to hnd over thekeys to whaler, he has to be more sober than you right now by default.

fishy always denies B1G talk because its true. he doesn't want D to see it an hen tell UConn sorry but yur fan spilled the beans.

Unfortunately, you're still stupid.

West Virginia and UConn are both stuck in place. I like their place better.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Exhibit A of why people are actually willing to pay to NOT have you post on this board.

Cant take a joke? Lets talk about something serious then. Maybe the spring game or branding or our head coach? Your pick.

Reaction Score
Didn't you want to carpet-bomb the Middle East after a US ambassador was assassinated in Libya? Who's the terrorist? For now, we have to be terrorized by your collegiate sports fantasies.

Nice "joke", by the way.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Didn't you want to carpet-bomb the Middle East after a US ambassador was assassinated in Libya? Who's the terrorist? For now, we have to be terrorized by your collegiate sports fantasies.

Nice "joke", by the way.

All i need is to take a trip to the middle east to train, post on some windings message board a threat and then by a pressure cooker and i could potentially blow up college sports. Is that how this works? Well then the acc is truly fuc*ed now!!!!!!!!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Alright enough jerking around. I dont want to drive butch thru a wall. Hes a good guy and we just see differebt i also egg him on and tease to much. Relax butch. Back on topic. Oliver luck has a cool name. Who the hell was so creative that adding a R to a food name that looks like a testicle would come out so "fetch". My turn. Im naming my kid oranger. Like oranger you glad syracuse stayed private and wound up in the acc meanwhile we end up in the b10.

Reaction Score
Just when I thought I was on the right track to being sober. Some guy waved a needle full of HFD in my face.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am against carpet bombing the Middle East.

As of right now, however, I could be persuaded to support carpet bombing the American southeast.

As a representative of the Husky contingent who resides in the Southeast, we ask for fair advance notice.

Thank you.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Can't be HFD - too many capital letters.

Anyway, the player in all of this is Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh who was behind the the ACC lawsuit while Blumenthal was in front of the cameras, Pittsburgh who led the BE's charge to renegotiate with ESPN, Pittsburgh who was the primary target of the B12 prior to WVU, Pittsburgh who went to the ACC before Louisville. We can laugh at their football irrelevance, their empty stadium, but they are getting paid in a conference with GOR and we aren't.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Can't be HFD - too many capital letters.

Anyway, the player in all of this is Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh who was behind the the ACC lawsuit while Blumenthal was in front of the cameras, Pittsburgh who led the BE's charge to renegotiate with ESPN, Pittsburgh who was the primary target of the B12 prior to WVU, Pittsburgh who went to the ACC before Louisville. We can laugh at their football irrelevance, their empty stadium, but they are getting paid in a conference with GOR and we aren't.

I'm actually surprised Pitt signed the GOR. They've been lobbying for B10 since forever - or at least since PSU landed there. Far as Pitt is concerned, it's in a completely different media market than PSU.

All Pitt really wanted was FB series vs. PSU & WVU to continue and ND every other year. And a FF appearance once in a blue moon. They'd have been happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom