Older Players and Offense Abilities | The Boneyard

Older Players and Offense Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People have been spouting their theories on why we can/can't win a NC.

I think it's tough to win the NC with this particular team when our 4 oldest players (Hayes, Doty, Ferris, Buck) are inconsistent/non-existent offensively. Eventually Hartley will struggle offensively or get in foul trouble in a big game and I don't think there's enough offensive firepower to overcome games when doesn't score 20+ against a quality opponent.

That being said, it's entirely possible we can still run the table and make the F4. Not too shabby.

Reaction Score
Yes, it will be tough to win a NC this year..... but I agree we have a good chance..... we won't be a favorite until next year, when Hartley can move to the other guard spot, and Stef has help in the post. I don't know if Baylor game has been scheduled next year, but I can't wait to play Griner with SD, Heather and Stewart up front.

I think we can and will get to the F4 this year. Hard to go all the way with Hartley our only offensive threat in the starting 5. We need to get the max from KML, and get Kiah more minutes.

Reaction Score
We shall see, maybe blowing the lead twice in the last minutes of the games against the only two truly good teams we have played will be the wake up call the team needed, again we shall see.

Reaction Score
Yes, I have faith in the team and coaching staff..... Not too vexed by the BU or ND outcomes..... we will get better, and it will show in another few games...... Go Huskies! Yes.

Reaction Score
Agree, I think we will be a different team in four weeks and ready to challenge for the NC.

Reaction Score
Don't think the team needs a wakeup call as much as they need to improve their offensive skills. Everyone was down on Stef after the Baylor and CC games, then ecstatic after her game against Fairfield. Hate to say it, but performances in those games really mean nothing in the bogger picture.

Tough part about being a player on UConn is that you really only have 4-5 chances per year to get a read on your in-game improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom