Old school hip hop podcast - '93 Til Infinity | The Boneyard

Old school hip hop podcast - '93 Til Infinity

Reaction Score
I've been debating posting this here or on the basketball board because it gets more traffic, but decided this was a more appropriate place to post it.

For nearly 2 years I've had a podcast, presented radio show style highlighting old school hip hop, hard to find independent records, and unreleased gems. About 3 months ago the show went over 10,000 career listens - small potatoes in the grand scheme of things but there's clearly an audience for the unique brand I created.

I don't do interviews, talk very much, because it's all about the music for me. I had debating getting back into music for 20 years, I worked in radio and then for Rawkus Records in the early 00's before I moved back to CT to pursue a career in education. At first I figured, in an era of streaming, what can I do that a curated playlist on Spotify can't? Instead I take pride in presenting music that is hard to find, and introduce artists that haven't gotten a lot of exposure yet.

I started with Anchor, which got me on Spotify - but after a very odd exchange with one of their creative control people I was banned from Spotify - basically because I was playing music that they weren't getting a cut from! I argued that much of what I play isn't even available on Spotify but they refused to allow my productions back on the medium - and even banned me from Spotify after I partnered with a different vendor!

You can find episodes 1-83 on Stitcher
'93 Til Infinity podcast - Stitcher

Episodes 84-100 will be found on Spreaker
'93 Til Infinity podcast - Spreaker

The Stitcher iPhone app works well for the first 83 episodes, but as far as podcast apps go - I suggest Overcast for the newer batch of episodes. I can also be found on Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Google Podcasts, Castbox, Deezer, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, and TuneInRadio.

Hopefully some people appreciate what I put together, because it took me a long time to type this :p

Reaction Score
I'm not a big hip hop guy, but I was living in NYC when "The Message" and "White Lines" took over the airwaves. So fresh. Here's the trivia, the bass player on those cuts is my neighbor, nice guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom