Old Rule is the New Rule ... | The Boneyard

Old Rule is the New Rule ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We do this in the basketball board. And here.

Let's reinforce this (as it is utterly unfair to speculate & thus a good rule):

No post about any current player Transferring. No guessing. Until its in public, all such posts will be deleted

Last edited:
Reaction Score

No post about any current player Transferring. No guessing. Until its in public, all such posts will be deleted)

Speculating on transfers based on a players talent deficit should be banned. I see a difference when you are speculating on what a very talented player might do in response to how he is being handled by the coach because it is more about questioning the coach than the kid. I thought we are allowed to question the coaches.

The two types of situations are apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
There are no exceptions. No contingencies.

Reaction Score
There are no exceptions. No contingencies.

Let me make it simple for you, nobody is saying they want this person to transfer, in fact the exact opposite is true.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I heard a rumor that Pudge might be transferring back to the UCLA board. Upstater? Folks have seen him mingling with posters on B&W. Are these guys producing? Do we need to free up Boneyard roster spots?

I think we need to push BrassBonanza to flip to the Huskies on the hockey side. Our hockey presence is lacking and he's got a rep on the lead college hockey board. Definite 5 star talent.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Speculating on transfers based on a players talent deficit should be banned. I see a difference when you are speculating on what a very talented player might do in response to how he is being handled by the coach because it is more about questioning the coach than the kid. I thought we are allowed to question the coaches.

The two types of situations are apples and oranges.
We don't need to worry about number two...if you are trying to use the example of 0 TD's 10 ints and 44% completion rate under 2 separate coaching staffs.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have to say, this place is extremely weird sometimes.

So we can create 45 threads that denigrate a kid's quality "six ways to Sunday", but God forbid someone speculate's on a kid's desires to continue to stay at UConn. Keep in mind that I'm saying this as someone who has never talked about a kid transferring, nor do I care to do so in the future. But I find it extremely strange where the lines are drawn on this board sometimes...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

So we can create 45 threads that denigrate a kid's quality "six ways to Sunday", but God forbid someone speculate's on a kid's desires to continue to stay at UConn. Keep in mind that I'm saying this as someone who has never talked about a kid transferring, nor do I care to do so in the future. But I find it extremely strange where the lines are drawn on this board sometimes...
What happens on the Boneyard doesn't necessarily stay on the Boneyard. I could imagine a situation where a 5 page thread generates enough notice that the Horde picks up on it, or social media, and then the player has students coming up to him in the dining hall saying "Yo, I heard you're tranferring to school X, WTF bro?" etc. etc.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
What happens on the Boneyard doesn't necessarily stay on the Boneyard. I could imagine a situation where a 5 page thread generates enough notice that the Horde picks up on it, or social media, and then the player has students coming up to him in the dining hall saying "Yo, I heard you're tranferring to school X, WTF bro?" etc. etc.

If the Hartford Courant or another vetted and edited news agency reports on a kid transferring because they heard it on the Boneyard, then that news agency is likely going to have some access loss at the University of Connecticut after said moment. What I'm saying is that there are a bunch more tasteless things (IMO) on the Boneyard that are allowed to stand, and we pick this issue as the one that we are going to take the high road on. It's a bit silly...

Reaction Score
A bit silly.

But a clear line. How are we going to monitor or legislate how bizarre or offensive the typing gets? Particularly when we are all in pain. So ... I'd tell parents, friends & those easily offended to stay away.

But suggesting someone transfer ... Or you heard he was transferring ... has damaging side-effects that we can nip.

Reaction Score
Let me make it simple for you, nobody is saying they want this person to transfer, in fact the exact opposite is true.

You seem to be the one for whom this needs to be made simple.

No speculation about transfers, period, end of story.

Reaction Score

The comments about Alex Oriahki come to mind. Many of those IMO were way over the line but whatever.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The comments about Alex Oriahki come to mind. Many of those IMO were way over the line but whatever.

Good call. I was thinking more about when posters here were getting into spats with the family members of UConn athletes (multiple family members, multiple times), even after it was made clear that they were battling with actual family members. Things like that. But as you said...."whatever"...

Reaction Score

No post about any current player Transferring. No guessing. Until its in public, all such posts will be deleted

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul