Old Games | The Boneyard

Old Games

Reaction Score
It was a few weeks ago when someone on this board posted a link to archived games from past seasons. To whomever it was, Thank You!!

I've been sick for a few days and watched some games. Yes, I admit I watched the MSU game and enjoyed it almost as much as when it was live. I also watched the 2000 UT/UConn game in Connecticut and saw the LVs gut out a win against an extremely good team. Otherwise, I've watched about 5 wins by the Huskies including the 03 Semifinals against Texas (DT was so good) and the 13 semis against ND when Stewart finally played up to expectations.

Great games by some great squads. Plan to watch a few more as snow moves across the deep south.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It was a few weeks ago when someone on this board posted a link to archived games from past seasons. To whomever it was, Thank You!!

I've been sick for a few days and watched some games. Yes, I admit I watched the MSU game and enjoyed it almost as much as when it was live. I also watched the 2000 UT/UConn game in Connecticut and saw the LVs gut out a win against an extremely good team. Otherwise, I've watched about 5 wins by the Huskies including the 03 Semifinals against Texas (DT was so good) and the 13 semis against ND when Stewart finally played up to expectations.

Great games by some great squads. Plan to watch a few more as snow moves across the deep south.
Make sure you watch that State/UConn game a few more times. Y'all earned that win and played smart ball doing it.

Reaction Score
2016 MSU will be remembered. UConn just dominated and that game could basically be an instructional video on how to play basketball.
Go watch the 2015 Texas beat down and you won't feel so bad about 2016 Miss St. And they still haven't exacted their revenge (although they are getting closer and closer every time we play them) unlike Miss St which did so the very next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Get well soon!

After kidney surgery in 2006, I read Geno's book, In Pursuit of Perfection. It made the time go by.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two absolute classics are the Bird at the Buzzer game, the 2001 Big East Championship game against Notre Dame, and the 2003 game in Hartford against Tennessee. There is a common thread in that Sue and Diana make absolutely clutch shots at the end of both the first half and regulation. The crowd is fantastic in both.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Probably wont be as popular here, but the 2001 UCONN @ Tennessee game was one of the most entertaining games I've watched. Very back and forth, high scoring affair. Both teams were just loaded with talent too.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
There is a channel on YouTube that has a lot of good classic games.
Classic Basketball

That was me who posted those a couple of years ago :) Every few weeks I get notified that a game violates a copyright violation and gets taken down. I have them all saved on a hard drive, so if one disappears that you'd like to access to just let me know.

Reaction Score
Probably wont be as popular here, but the 2001 UCONN @ Tennessee game was one of the most entertaining games I've watched. Very back and forth, high scoring affair. Both teams were just loaded with talent too.

I remember watching that game on TV back then and it was excellent. The 2000 game in Connecticut was my favorite of the series which is why I watched. That 01 game in Knoxville was a good one but seeing Catch and Abrosomiva at their peak takes precedence to me.

Will probably watch another game or two today, probably Husky wins. Reminds me of the good ole days.

Reaction Score
That was me who posted those a couple of years ago :) Every few weeks I get notified that a game violates a copyright violation and gets taken down. I have them all saved on a hard drive, so if one disappears that you'd like to access to just let me know.
In 2005 ( not sure the year of the DVD is correct ) ESPN had the Top 20 rivalries in all of Div.1 CBB on DVD. At No.2 was the Uconn-Tennessee rivalry! Duke-North Carolina Men were/are No.1!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

A lot of us here on the BY feel that there is going to be a rubber match this year between the Bulldogs and the Huskies, perhaps in the national final to determine who's the TOP DOG. If it happens, it should be an epic battle.

Reaction Score
I went on Youtube the other day and watched both of BU's National Championship games and a few of UConn's I had the flu and was over Netflix. It's nice to see how much better the teams are getting as a whole. Also, picked up things that had changed and somethings that had stayed the same on varying teams.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A lot of us here on the BY feel that there is going to be a rubber match this year between the Bulldogs and the Huskies, perhaps in the national final to determine who's the TOP DOG. If it happens, it should be an epic battle.
Epic if Collier comes out of her shell. If not I ain't feeling so good about the results.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom