Old Dogs | The Boneyard

Old Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I can't remember a college basketball team that has more experience, in terms of years played in the NCAA.

We have 2 true juniors, 5 seniors, including 2 5th year grad students, Rodney Purvis (who is basically a senior), and Cassell (basically a senior) who is on his way to 23 YO.

Can anyone recall a team anywhere in the country that had this much experience/depth? How did they perform?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I can't remember a college basketball team that has more experience, in terms of years played in the NCAA.

We have 2 true juniors, 5 seniors, including 2 5th year grad students, Rodney Purvis (who is basically a senior), and Cassell (basically a senior) who is on his way to 23 YO.

Can anyone recall a team anywhere in the country that had this much experience/depth? How did they perform?
And come February they will all be gellin' for #5

Reaction Score
Chevron troutman played for pitt for at least 6 years. That's what it seemed like, anyway.

See my alltime "this-guy-has-been-playing-far-too-long-to-still-be-eligible" from Ye Olde Big East was Scotty Reynolds. By his senior year it felt like we had been dealing with him for 5 seasons already. I'm guessing that's how people felt about Shabazz and Giffey though

Reaction Score
See my alltime "this-guy-has-been-playing-far-too-long-to-still-be-eligible" from Ye Olde Big East was Scotty Reynolds. By his senior year it felt like we had been dealing with him for 5 seasons already. I'm guessing that's how people felt about Shabazz and Giffey though

Really good point Kc, imagine what they felt about Bazz and Boat especially.

Reaction Score

The problem here, though, is conference realignment. Bazz and Giff only played in the BE for 2 years, and the AAC for 2 years.

So, in other words it would be like Krauzer, Young, Troutman, et al, playing 4 years.;)

Reaction Score

Anthony Glover for me. I felt like he was at St. John's from like 1996-2003. I think that's what happens when a guy is pretty good from day 1, but never good enough to go pro.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Anthony Glover for me. I felt like he was at St. John's from like 1996-2003. I think that's what happens when a guy is pretty good from day 1, but never good enough to go pro.
Anthony Glover for sure! You have to believe other BE teams felt the same way about The Warrior Jeff Adrien

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Not weighting the super seniors and doing it purely on formal class, I calculated our avg class per minute projection to be 3.0 on the nose or said another way our avg class per minute played is exactly a junior. This is in the upper quartile of all of college basketball and certainly on the extreme high end for high majors. Outside of the 1 and done programs, three things win in college basketball: experience, defense and guard play and we have all thee in spades.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Krauser? Could have been Young's father. There may have been more but those are the only two I can think of.
I was thinking the same thing. He pretty much went from Pitt to an AARP membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom