Old but not Cold: Baylor - Louisville | The Boneyard

Old but not Cold: Baylor - Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Postman showed up with a copy of that game yesterday. I was appalled at what I saw. It reminded me of the first 10 minutes of the Husky-Kentucky game. But this went 40 minutes. Look, I don't like Baylor and I don't like Mulkey, but this game was wrecked by the whistle blowers. Could adjustments have been made? A better job of chasing the three point shooters for sure. If Griner had a wider game away from the basket it would have made the mugging a bit more apparent. As much as I enjoy a rout,and reveled in the same against Louisville in the final, I am always going to wonder about the UConn Baylor final that wasn't.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I read your post....all I could do was shrug my shoulders....

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I still haven't been able to watch the replay of that game. Baylor and UCONN should have been playing in the National Championship game and if the refs in that game had done their jobs correctly that is exactly what would have happened. I can't say that Baylor would have beaten UCONN, but not to have a chance as a result of this referring travesty is hard to stomach. Those girls deserved better than that.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Postman showed up with a copy of that game yesterday. I was appalled at what I saw. It reminded me of the first 10 minutes of the Husky-Kentucky game. But this went 40 minutes. Look, I don't like Baylor and I don't like Mulkey, but this game was wrecked by the whistle blowers. Could adjustments have been made? A better job of chasing the three point shooters for sure. If Griner had a wider game away from the basket it would have made the mugging a bit more apparent. As much as I enjoy a rout,and reveled in the same against Louisville in the final, I am always going to wonder about the UConn Baylor final that wasn't.

How did you get a copy?

I missed that game and would love to see it. Waiting on it to be re aired but have not caught it yet.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Griner does have a great 15 to 18 footer, which Mulkey completely forgot to incorporate into the game plan...for four years. I think a lot of fans are going to be surprised by her offensive skillset in the WNBA.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Griner does have a great 15 to 18 footer, which Mulkey completely forgot to incorporate into the game plan...for four years. I think a lot of fans are going to be surprised by her offensive skillset in the WNBA.
That is why Mulkey cannot be called a great coach.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Read a quote from Geno after the championship where he basically said he didn't think Brittney had developed her game enough over her four years. It's a shame (but good for Uconn) she passed on the Olympics opportunity as I think we may have seen a different player had she played in London.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Read a quote from Geno after the championship where he basically said he didn't think Brittney had developed her game enough over her four years. It's a shame (but good for Uconn) she passed on the Olympics opportunity as I think we may have seen a different player had she played in London.

I think her game is more developed than Mulkey ever allowed her to display.

I feel pretty certain that Gaines will use her every way possible.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Thanks Sarals
Sitting in a ghostly Marina in Rio Dulce, waiting for deck repairs
Both games (which I've seen multiple times), never fail to amuse.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How did you get a copy?

I missed that game and would love to see it. Waiting on it to be re aired but have not caught it yet.

Out of town friend surprised me with the loaner. Already winging its way back to him. He is still in mourning! Game was not on in my zone or I missed it.

Reaction Score
I still haven't been able to watch the replay of that game. Baylor and UCONN should have been playing in the National Championship game and if the refs in that game had done their jobs correctly that is exactly what would have happened. I can't say that Baylor would have beaten UCONN, but not to have a chance as a result of this referring travesty is hard to stomach. Those girls deserved better than that.

No disrespect ETT, but Louisville had three starters foul out and another one with four. Even after all of that, it was the last nine seconds that killed Baylor, not the refs.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I think her game is more developed than Mulkey ever allowed her to display.

I don't understand this... if there was more to her game why then did she not use it in order to win that game/championship?!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I don't understand this... if there was more to her game why then did she not use it in order to win that game/championship?!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent question.....

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't understand this... Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed that in multiple threads.

I have said for a long time, and WAY before that game that Mulkey did not use BG to her full abilities. And this game was a great example. Instead of changing the gameplan to move BG to the high post and open up the lane for her teammates, Mulkey continued to just run BG down to the block so that the defenders could collapse on her and neutralize her.

I think that only in the WNBA will everyone get a chance to see BG's full offensive game. I am looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
That's funny. I thought the refs were ridiculously in favor of Baylor in the second half.

Louisville had the perfect plan and got hot from deep. Yea, they "beat up Griner" but the post is physical. She gives just as good as she takes. (And I like Griner..and I would have preferred to beat Baylor in the finals..)

Reaction Score
Saying that Louisville got hot is like saying that Bill Gates has a decent bank account.
Louisville played out of their minds. They shot 64% from 3 pt range, and some of those misses were late in the game.

Replay that game 99 more times, and I'd bet Baylor wins all 99.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I've noticed that in multiple threads.

I have said for a long time, and WAY before that game that Mulkey did not use BG to her full abilities. And this game was a great example. Instead of changing the gameplan to move BG to the high post and open up the lane for her teammates, Mulkey continued to just run BG down to the block so that the defenders could collapse on her and neutralize her.

I think that only in the WNBA will everyone get a chance to see BG's full offensive game. I am looking forward to it.

I think we are all looking forward to seeing BG's full offensive game. Also her development this year, which should be considerable. Which still makes me wonder why KM did not adjust, as you mentioned above, and if it was that inability on her part to adjust which cost her team dearly, more than refs and 3's....

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
honestly, it was awful to rewatch the game again.

The fouls were vicious coming from dirtyville, they put a beating on anyone in the paint, but they did put on a show making all of those 3s.

I think the 3s gave them the confidence to walk around with swagger eventhough they knew inside that they had to play a mean defense to contain Griner.

I still can't watch the whole game at once, it is sad that basketball can turn that physical, what kind of a defensive move is swinging and swatting at a players face all game, that to me seem like a fight.

the championship was tainted by that game, i havent seen an ncaa game that dirty, i mean swinging punches? really?

anyway, the championship game was boring and uneventful, UCONN was way better than anyone they faced in their bracket. Good job, but it wasn't entertaining for the rest of the country to see the women's game takea few steps back to be a 30 point blow out in the last game. a shame it wasn't baylor and uconn, like i hoped for all year.

That wouldve been a fun game, where you are standing up cheering all game.

hammond really played rough.

i'm glad someone spanked dirtyville back to reality, they were terrible and didn't deserve to be there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:rolleyes:

you_still_mad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics