Old Big East v. New Big East Tournament | The Boneyard

Old Big East v. New Big East Tournament

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Let's get UConn, Cuse, Louisville, West Virginia, and Pitt vs Nova, Georgetown, Providence, St. Johns, and Xavier

Reaction Score
Pretty sure you can't have a single bracket tournament with multiple teams from the same conference. Maybe 2 separate 4-team tourneys like:

Cuse
UConn
Nova
Rutgers

Pitt
West Virginia
Cincinnati
St Johns

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I’m sure it would be like an MTE where it’s not bracket play. The 5 OBE teams will each play 3 games against 3 of the 5 NBE teams. Similar to the way the Womens team’s Virgin Islands tournament is set up

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yes, exactly what the NBE wants is to be reminded of how the big publics used to beat the snot out of them.

-or-

Yes, exactly what the OBE wants is to be shown up by C7 schools they used to beat from pillar to post.

The Big East as you think of it is over, gone, not coming back. Instead of wallowing in nostalgia, how about trying to return to what you really miss, winning. I don't really care who we beat, so long as it's everyone.

Reaction Score
Let's get UConn, Cuse, Louisville, West Virginia, and Pitt vs Nova, Georgetown, Providence, St. Johns, and Xavier
Why should we invite Louisville and Xavier? Replace them with Cinci / or anyone else and replace Xavier with Seton Hall

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'd love to see it, but there is literally no reason for any of the other schools to agree to do this.

Reaction Score
How do you define OBE? The 9 in before the start of the era of major realignment?
Or do we add Miami, Rutgers, Temple, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and ND to the mix to cover all past members?

Who represents the NBE? Only 5 are original members: PC, St. John's, Georgetown, Seton Hall and Villanova.
Would anyone want to see Depaul, Butler, Marquette, Creighton, and Xavier in such a nostalgic event?

If we want real nostalgia, we'd have the four of the original nine who left (UConn, Syracuse, Pittsburgh and bc) play
Georgetown, St. John's, Seton Hall and Villanova. Syracuse/Georgetown, UConn/Villanova, Pittsburgh/bc and Seton Hall/St. John's would be my matchups.

I'd leave PC along the river watching the "water fire" (and reminiscing about their 1994 Big East championship and the 1987 final four) because they wouldn't draw and have nasty fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom