old BE; sju vs cuse | The Boneyard

old BE; sju vs cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Refs calling it tight. I thought grant's block on the SJU 3 was clean, and I thought the Sju block of the Grant drive on the other end was all ball. Both were called fouls.

Reaction Score
Trying to watch through Fox Sports One tech difficulties. SJU has played with more energy in second half (they looked anemic in the first half), but Cuse's 6-8 guys all seem to be pretty skilled. Cuse can get better shots so I think they'll be too much down the stretch.

Reaction Score
we all agree CJ fair is incredibly overrated right?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Man, I miss the Old Big East. AAC supporters claim that UCF, SMU, ECU, Houston, Tulsa etc.games will be just as exciting but I just don't see it.

Now, personally, I wouldn't want to be a league with Syrabuse until at least the chief abuse cover-upper retires but the other members of the original Big East feels like home.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I feel like every time we post a thread like this the game immediately goes against the way we want it to. Its like announcing a guy's got a no hitter going.

I'll blame you 99.

Reaction Score
A coach with a pulse would have this SJU roster in the top 25.

Reaction Score
With the construction of the Cuse roster, can't help but think we would wipe the floor with them if we meet up.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
SJU is too undisciplined on O to win too many of these games. They throw away too many possessions with wild shots.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
At least SJU is attacking the zone, rather than meekly giving up ala IU and others.

Reaction Score
Typical Big East battle. Doesnt matter what the records are or where anybody is ranked. You know its going to be a war

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
A coach with a pulse would have this SJU roster in the top 25.

They need shooters. They are in this game because their athleticism and defensive pressure has taken Cuse out of their offensive rhythm and allowed them to get out on the break. When they get in the half court though its either penetrating and looking for contact or coming up empty.

I'm impressed with Ennis and Grant, they've both come up big in the 2nd half on possessions Cuse absolutely needed a bucket. Cooney has been completely shut down and Fair has always been a game flow type guy, not a create his offense type guy.

Cuse is good, not perfect, the talk of them as the best team in the country is premature, but they are in the peleton if you will.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cause is extending too far, but SJU is not doing a good job splitting the top and the finding a cutter. All 1 on 1.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And then SJU comes out of timeout, double pumps and spin into teeth of d for a rejection. Next posession, gets past top of zone, sju big has path to basket, and turns and throws it out of bounds. Game over.

Reaction Score
As I thought, Cuse got good shots when they needed them. Fair is really good at his size and length to be able to shoot 18-footers off the catch. SJU didn't have a clue. Harrison is awful as a decision maker and they didn't once get a good quick ball reversal after getting it in to the high post and kicking it out.

Reaction Score
I feel like every time we post a thread like this the game immediately goes against the way we want it to. Its like announcing a guy's got a no hitter going.

I'll blame you 99.

Seriously ... happen to me all the time...

Reaction Score
husky99 said:
Seriously ... happen to me all the time...

I was neutral on this one. Cuse is ahead of us, but having lived a while outside NYC, the St. John's culture of arrogance got to me, as if somehow they deserved to look down on us because they won NITs during WWII. They were the team I wanted to pimp yo the most.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Man, I miss the Old Big East. AAC supporters claim that UCF, SMU, ECU, Houston, Tulsa etc.games will be just as exciting but I just don't see it.

Now, personally, I wouldn't want to be a league with Syrabuse until at least the chief abuse cover-upper retires but the other members of the original Big East feels like home.
If you are alluding to the Boneyard not one member of this forum has made any claim that the AAC will be just as exciting as the former BE. Not one! The claim has been made that the AAC will have decent teams on the top with UConn, Cinci, Memphis and most likely Temple in the future. The claim has been made that SMU might be decent over the next few seasons. Big difference with these claims supporting the AAC as an ok bb conference vs. the statement you have made.

Reaction Score
Its like announcing a guy's got a no hitter going.

Or, to use a basketball analogy, it's like a commentator announcing, "He is shooting 86% from the charity stripe."

..........clank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22