Olbermann | The Boneyard

Olbermann

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I might be his perfect demographic? I'm reading him getting buried on Twitter.

This is by far and away the best sports show I've seen in a long time.

Olbermann on the Yankees yesterday was incredible. Tonight on the Jets was tremendous.

I know this won't survive but it's ridiculously good.

Reaction Score
Olbermann is ridiculously good at commentary. I am going to have to check this out. Thank you for the heads up.

Reaction Score
Just watched it, quite enjoyable. 100% non-political, for those who disagree with his politics. Rather good commentary on Rex Ryan, and other topics and some enjoyable highlight reels. Don't know how the show will do overall since it's unlikely to appeal to the casual sports fan. But to the genuine sports fan who's turned off by ESPN's major shift towards catering to very unknowledgeable sports followers in the majority of their programming, this will be a pleasant surprise.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Maybe we can get him to go on a pro UConn rant about how they belong in a power 5 conference?

Reaction Score
He is a complete duesch bag...I don't care if this is the best sports show on earth. I will make sure I turn this off every time he is on.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Saw it last night (Manziel rant) in Australia and I really enjoyed it. Very glad he got in a Cornell reference. Hope the show survives.

Reaction Score
He is a complete duesch bag...I don't care if this is the best sports show on earth. I will make sure I turn this off every time he is on.
He may be a duesch bag, but I bet he can spell better than you.

Reaction Score
Olbermann and Patrick are why I turned off Sports Center. Once both were gone, I could enjoy it again.

So, I'll be sure to avoid anything he has anything to do with.

Reaction Score
I'll just say I couldn't be further from his political views. But Ive caught the show and it's good. So to my right wing friends suck it up and give it a shot

Reaction Score
Olbermann and Patrick are why I turned off Sports Center. Once both were gone, I could enjoy it again.

So, I'll be sure to avoid anything he has anything to do with.

Sheesh, are you serious? Sportscenter has been unbearably bad for 15+ years. Keith and Dan and that generation was the last time the show was actually watchable and covered sports, not 25 minutes on what Lebron had for breakfast and WHO'S NOW!!!!

Reaction Score
ESPN 2 at 11pm. Though this week it's airing at midnight due to US Open

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't imagine allowing political views to get in the way of a sports show like that.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine allowing political views to get in the way of a sports show like that.

All three shows have been 100% apolitical. The gist of the show is similar to his old political ones, but the subject matter is entirely sports, and his views are much more relatable to sane sports fans, such as the NCAA being ridiculous, the Jets and Rex Ryan being clowns, etc. It's an enjoyable take on sports.

Reaction Score
Sheesh, are you serious? Sportscenter has been unbearably bad for 15+ years. Keith and Dan and that generation was the last time the show was actually watchable and covered sports, not 25 minutes on what Lebron had for breakfast and WHO'S NOW!!!!

Yes, I am totally serious. I absolutely loathed both of them. Clown arses, IMHO.

Save for the actual games, I rarely, if ever, watch ESPN anymore. Because its more about the 'E' than the 'S' for them. And, its been that way for a long time now.

I get more and better info from individual school/team websites, from their Twitter feeds, or, from the local papers covering them. I don't need Ed Werder telling me whats going on with the Cowboys, when the Dallas Morning News' site, or, their official team site, or Twitter feed, has the same info, and, gets it out quicker.

Reaction Score

+1. Screw Olbermann, guy is an . His hate filled ignorant melt down when Scott Brown was elected in MA was epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom