OLB Matakevich close to offers | The Boneyard

OLB Matakevich close to offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6 1" 216 Tyler Matakevich OLB milford'
starting to heat up in the recruiting world!
Matakevich is probaly the most consistant defense of
player i seen on h.s. level. if you ever attended a St. Joseph
football game, kid name is called throughout the entire game.
Matakevich feels he can fit right in coach BROWN skeem,
attack the QB approach. Tyler is kicking --- up Milford and leads
the team in tackles. He's a 3x All-stater and 4 year h.s. starter.
SYRACUSE' UMASS' RUTGERS' have recently contacted HCBC
and asked for film, but HCBC says Matakevich wants to stay HOME
and play! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWfDs_QPDJw
Tyler is the best athlete in the state of CT. for the class of 2012'
thats including dobbs' cochran' golden'. he's just as good or better!!

Reaction Score
Given that everyone on Milford would be a top recruit for us, it's hard to believe they struggle to beat the JV of a non-scholarship school like Lehigh, isn't it?

Or, your constant praise has to be viewed by the rest of us through a huge shaker of salt.

Just sayin ....

Reaction Score
Given that everyone on Milford would be a top recruit for us, it's hard to believe they struggle to beat the JV of a non-scholarship school like Lehigh, isn't it?

Or, your constant praise has to be viewed by the rest of us through a huge shaker of salt.

Just sayin ....
thats a division 1aa college jv team. not a cake walk mr. lawyer, i thought the prep comp was cupcake, i was so wrong. we are comparing h.s. seniors to college kids here mr. lawyer. the milford kids have a slight edge over the h.s. seniors. 85 percent of the h.s. recruits will have a very tough time performing vs. milford prep. dont think it will be a pretty sight, if you catch my drift. thats like milford vs. masuk no brainer... college j.v. is players who are not ready for there varsity yet. thank you. why we would'nt give a kid like tyler a chance, he's legit and he wants to stay home like dobbs did, casey had no other offers, did'nt have much options

J

Johnny Husky

Well we all know Dobbs is going to win the Heisman four years in a row and lead the Huskies to f

our straight National Titles as the entire Milford prep team will just all stay and play at home.

Free-Clipart-of-Salt-Shaker.jpg

Reaction Score
have we ever had a HEISMAN player watched here at UCONN? im not being sarcastic guys im serious the kid is intitled to stay home and play. thats not everyone from milford. dobbs is the only kid from milford that wants UCONN besides tyler. you guys miss the point Uconn should get the 1st dibs on the CT kids then if we pass up they move on. qb erich berzinskas would of liked uconn but instead he's going to IOWA on official visit and will perfer to play big10 ball! stop being sarcastic and lets help HCPP build the fence! tyler is just as legit as Abner Logan the only OLB we offered, that has 7 offers now. 14 of 64 players at milford are from CT. and dobbs and matakevich are the only two who wanna stay home! smart---

Reaction Score
Don't let the self appointed wet blankets get to you. Hype all you want, how would they know if you are right on or whatever in your evaluation. They can find reasons for why a 5th year red shirt senior who gets picked in the 3rd round of the NFL can "not" be a featured receiver until he "get it" in game 5 of his red shirt senior year; yet can see no reason why a 3 times all state player could be a good Uconn prospect and grow into a good player. Maybe if he gets an offer from Maryland they will take notice! ;)

J

Johnny Husky

Oh lighten up fellas will ya? Just having some fun here - I am very happy those guys are coming to UConn and we all love our uconnfootball12 recruiting updates out of milford prep

Reaction Score
milfords game film went out to several colleges this week and feed back is coming already.
Demetrius smith 6 2" 265 DT ( brother of nba J.R. Smith lands RU' interest )
Tyler Matakevich OLB is setting visits with IOWA' and UMASS' SYRACUSE'
Ed Glenn 6 4" 250 DE is getting interest from Syracuse' Temple'
and a dozen others are getting high and medium interst in Bcs and FBS schools

Reaction Score
Big fan of the updates uconnfootball12, keep em coming!

Reaction Score
Big fan of the updates uconnfootball12, keep em coming!
+1

Good stuff uconnfootball12... I think Matakevich would be a perfect fit here...Still want Logan too though...nothing wrong with bringing in as much comp as possible...

Reaction Score
whomever gets an offer from coach P...is OK with me.

i trust his judgement when it comes to players.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
+1 I'll 2nd that. And I'm pretty sure Coach P & staff know who the best players in CT are. ;)
I put my trust in Coach PP. Man has NFL experience.

Reaction Score

Just sayin ....

You are comparing a HS team with a college team. Stick to backing up Edsall.

Reaction Score
I think I was talkin to you at the lehigh game ...#81 is my younger cousin

Reaction Score
You are comparing a HS team with a college team. Stick to backing up Edsall.

One of the people with ties to Milford can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Milford football team for the most part post-grads? Which would make it, chronologically, a team of college freshman playing a team of college freshman and sophomores?

Reaction Score
One of the people with ties to Milford can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Milford football team for the most part post-grads? Which would make it, chronologically, a team of college freshman playing a team of college freshman and sophomores?

That is a fair assessment. I see Milford as a group of talented athletes that have been playing in a system together for about a month and Lehigh would be a group of kids in a system for 2-3 years(depending on if they red-shirted). So it is not an apples to apples comparision. As an eye-witness, Milford played sloppy and there was some fluke plays that kept Lehigh in the game.

The coaches were shocked the week before they beat Hudson Valley so bad(50-0) since it was a close game in 2010, so there seemed to be a little coasting by Milford especially when they got a 2 TD lead. But there is loads of talent on the team and they can beat teams in a variety of ways.

Reaction Score

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you never played D1 athletics if you think there is a comparison, PGs or not, to a college team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom