OLB Khalid Henderson back on the market... | The Boneyard

OLB Khalid Henderson back on the market...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
.. what on earth is Derek Dooley doing at Tennessee? ( see link: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...s-ways-with-another-georgia-football-recruit/ )... Kinda messed with what he did to Khalid Henderson and WR Kethon Redding... basically rescinded their offers after they already committed from initially being offered. Wonder if he's gonna pull that mess with RB Alden Hill as well... That kid was our #1 option at RB recruiting wise this season.

Back to Khalid... he had an offer from us from the beginning... Wonder if Coach P jumps on him... could use more quality depth at OLB...

Reaction Score
Is it any wonder that the kids have no idea what the work "commitment" means when coaches act like this?

Unless these kids are in some kind of trouble, that behavior is abhorrent.

Reaction Score
It is abhorent, but it is perfectly allowable under NCAA rules and, in fact, it is not at all unusual. (Do remember, however, to be fair to Dooley, that since the school can't talk about recruiting, you don't actually know that the stories you see are true since they come only from the player who may have verballed but may have been told something other than "yes, you'll have a spot come February.")

I don't believe that our former coach ever pulled that crap, and I'm hopeful that our current coach doesn't do it either.,

Reaction Score
Is it any wonder that the kids have no idea what the work "commitment" means when coaches act like this?

Unless these kids are in some kind of trouble, that behavior is abhorrent.

Agree... I hope all the posters that harp on 17 year olds "breaking their word" are equally or more distressed at grown-ass adults doing the same

Reaction Score
I actually think our depth at OLB is fine. I don't think we'll be taking another LB in this class.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think we are looking for a lb still imo. speaking of alden hill remember when he visited and he was wowed and named us the leader for a bit. back then this staff was feeling good becuase they wanted 2 rbs and they have hill saying stuff and also dobbs quietly down the street. man oh man how things have changed but anyway i do also wonder if the staff gets in on it.

from what we have left with offers/visits, we may add a
-lb
-wr
-te
-dt

Reaction Score
Welcome to the big time - where schools and coaches can do and say anything and kids get penalized.

I think this will be a full class, 25 non-January enrollees. I think we have plenty of depth at LB, although i am a true believer in bringing in the best kids available. I expect us to add a RB (I am also hoping Dobbs waits a year to enroll), TE, OL, DL, WR, and S/Ath.

Reaction Score
Strange hire by Tenn. Bet they wished they had Phil Fullmer back. Dooley will be back to practicing law full time prob around Dec 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
My sales pitch.....guess who is scheduled to play the Vols twice? Guess which coach is also a former NFL LB coach...

Reaction Score
I actually think our depth at OLB is fine. I don't think we'll be taking another LB in this class.

I agree, we also have a few guys that transferred and had to sit out a year, but depending on his size he could be a DE.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My guess he ends up at Ole Miss or Ark. ST when all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom