OL Matt Peart to the N.Y. Giants (Round 3 - #99) | The Boneyard

OL Matt Peart to the N.Y. Giants (Round 3 - #99)

Reaction Score
Congratulations Matt. You have lots of fans pulling for you to have great success with the Giants.
Yahoo Sports writeup on the pick:
99) New York Giants: OT Matt Peart, UConn — The depth of the OT position allowed players such as Niang and Peart to fall this far; had they been in last year’s class, both could have been top-50 selections. Peart has basketball feet and experience at both tackle spots in 48 college starts. He’s still considered a bit of a project, but could vie for a starting role a year from now if he harnesses a bit more of a mean streak. Grade: B.

Reaction Score
Between Beatty, Geremy Davis and Peart, there's a nice pipeline between UConn and the Giants.

I'm a Giants fan and I'm VERY excited for this. Great spot for him where he can learn behind Nate Solder and then earn a starting role when ready.

Reaction Score
I was hoping my Jets would take him in the 3rd round as they need a developmental RT. I figured Dunn would have given them good intel. The Jets traded out of the round right after the Giants took him.

Congrats Matt!

Reaction Score
Well deserved. He represented the university with class his entire time on campus. Solid citizen. Great player.

For those interested --Third-round pick salaries range from $899,198 to $818,073. The day two selections in the second and third round will all receive four-year contracts. The top second-round pick will sign a deal estimated to be a four-year, $8.68 million contract which includes a $3.87 million signing bonus, per Over the Cap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom