Oklahoma Game Notes for Today's Game. | The Boneyard

Oklahoma Game Notes for Today's Game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
OK makes to many turnovers and will have problems scoring in the paint. Much like DePaul UConn will have to guard the trey. One point. There was alot of chatter about DePaul going off and IMO it had alot to do with UConns 20+ turnovers allowing DePaul to get in the open court. That cant happen again.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wow! Thanks for posting. Did not realize Oklahoma was having this bad a season having lost to two AAC schools (Huston & Wichita State) already. Looks like Sherri could be in real trouble.

Reaction Score
OK makes to many turnovers and will have problems scoring in the paint. Much like DePaul UConn will have to guard the trey. One point. There was alot of chatter about DePaul going off and IMO it had alot to do with UConns 20+ turnovers allowing DePaul to get in the open court. That cant happen again.
After reading the OU pamphlet I think Uconn should phone Sherri and concede! (Kidding of course) However, they don't appear to be pushovers either. As I read about Robertson my brain kept saying: Who is Geno going to put on her to slow her down? Megan and Aubrey popped up. But Megan will be busy scoring and defending, with Olivia, the Post. I think Aubrey can do it alone. Does Geno trust her enough to give her that assignment? I enjoyed going to school on the OU Campus, good quarters, good people. I enjoyed everything OKla. and I'm a Sherri fan.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
After reading the OU pamphlet I think Uconn should phone Sherri and concede! (Kidding of course) However, they don't appear to be pushovers either. As I read about Robertson my brain kept saying: Who is Geno going to put on her to slow her down? Megan and Aubrey popped up. But Megan will be busy scoring and defending, with Olivia, the Post. I think Aubrey can do it alone. Does Geno trust her enough to give her that assignment? I enjoyed going to school on the OU Campus, good quarters, good people. I enjoyed everything OKla. and I'm a Sherri fan.
I think CD will be running the show once the game starts. I am sure that Geno and CD worked on the game plan together but once the ball goes in the air for the tipoff, CD will be calling the shots as the game progresses.

Reaction Score
I wonder why Oklahoma isn’t doing as well in recent years. I figured they would at the very least be a top 25 mainstay.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As was pointed out on another thread, Oklahoma has been a different team on the road vs. at home. They've played dismally on the road in losses to Houston, Wichita State and Western Kentucky. At home they've beaten LSU and Drake convincingly, and their only loss has been to a strong Missouri State team.

Sherri Coale said after the LSU game that her team is very comfortable playing at home and they have to find a way to be just as comfortable on the road. Hopefully UConn doesn't let this be the game where they find their road comfort zone.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow! Thanks for posting. Did not realize Oklahoma was having this bad a season having lost to two AAC schools (Huston & Wichita State) already. Looks like Sherri could be in real trouble.
Well, they actually have been playing much better lately, at home, with 2 good wins over LSU and Drake. But overall, yes, Sherri should be in trouble as her record has been putrid these past few years and her Salary is more the $1.1 mil per year! :eek:
That said this current contract extension does not expire until 2021 so they will not be buying her out before then. The one thing to watch is if the school decides to extend her at some point when the season ends and school budgets get finalized over the summer. That’s when many public schools announce extensions. Hopefully Oklahoma does not extend and has her earn her way back with a strong season. Given what I have seen on her recruiting though, it does not look good.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Me too. I would love to see them start Aubrey on her man to man, and see how it goes. If she could keep her under 10 pts. for the day, that would be great!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Once again I submit that lots of attempted 3's by OU means lots of rebounds, as most of them will NOT go in. Liv, you've been put on notice. You're up. 15 rebounds for you today is not an unreasonable expectation. You and Megan should control the boards on both ends today. :cool:

Reaction Score
Me too. I would love to see them start Aubrey on her man to man, and see how it goes. If she could keep her under 10 pts. for the day, that would be great!!
Thanks! Too bad we didn't see her start on Robertson. We did get to see her put 14 points on the boards quickly. She has speed, lightening quick to the hoop, and fair to good defense. Since we didn't she her try to "lockdown" anyone we'll just have to wait. Like many on the By I am waiting to see her jump out of her Freshman suit and show the world how great she may be. Thanks Carnac.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom