Oklahoma AD "We need to think aggressively about expansion" | The Boneyard

Oklahoma AD "We need to think aggressively about expansion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is obvious Castiglione also is very interested in exploring the league's many expansion options. He said he is open to 11, 12 or whatever number works.

He has not ruled out any number, but he makes it clear it has to be something that benefits the members.

"I don't think look at expansion unless it drives up your potential as a league," said Castiglione. "It must enhance our long-term stability.

"At the same time, I think we need to think aggressively about expansion."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...id=203&articleid=20120219_203_B1_THEBIG747543

UofL, Cincy, BYU mentioned in a noncommital fashion.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
For a league that got picked on by every other BCS league as being weak and undeserving, everybody seems to love our teams when it comes realignment time. I can't stand this conference realignment crap!! Unfortunately, I don't think it will end anytime soon...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I feel like Louisville and BYU will eventually end up in the Big XII. Which unfortunately sucks for UConn.

Temple or ECU anyone? :(

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Castiglione said:

"I don't think look at expansion unless it drives up your potential as a league," said Castiglione. "It must enhance our long-term stability.

"At the same time, I think we need to think aggressively about expansion."

Which is conference-speak for "Hey if we can squeeze an extra nickel out of it, we'll do it!"

Reaction Score
For a league that got picked on by every other BCS league as being weak and undeserving, everybody seems to love our teams when it comes realignment time. I can't stand this conference realignment crap!! Unfortunately, I don't think it will end anytime soon...

People love Big East school because they're easy to get. No one's stealing from the Pac-12 or Big 10 or SEC or really even the ACC. School won't leave those conferences. Instead, you go to where you can get schools. And that means the Big East, where teams are willing to leave from. Because the Big East is still better than the MAC or Con-USA or so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom