Okla just beat Bevo worse than the beat us last year | The Boneyard

Okla just beat Bevo worse than the beat us last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe we shouldn't feel so bad about the Fiesta Bowl.

Reaction Score
If you ask people around here - you should feel bad about everything you could possibly feel bad for.

Reaction Score
I know the SEC is the best thing since sliced bread, but I think Oklahoma is the best team in the Nation. I know this board thinks if a walk on plays, the team is doomed, but their walk on running back, Whaley is awesome.

Reaction Score
I know the SEC is the best thing since sliced bread, but I think Oklahoma is the best team in the Nation. I know this board thinks if a walk on plays, the team is doomed, but their walk on running back, Whaley is awesome.
I'll go with Wisconsin, especially the way they pasted Nebraska last week.

Reaction Score
ill go with LSU I would love Wisconsin to go all the way though

Reaction Score
ill go with LSU I would love Wisconsin to go all the way though

I actually don't think Wisconsin has a good enough D to stop a spread offense like Oklahomas. A one dimensional offense like Nebraska is one thing.

Reaction Score
I actually don't think Wisconsin has a good enough D to stop a spread offense like Oklahomas. A one dimensional offense like Nebraska is one thing.
Wisconsin has arguably the best QB in the nation, the best TE in the Big 10, 2 of the best recievers in all of college football, great backs in Ball and Scott, and last but not least an offensive line that is one of the best though not as good as last years. I do agree that Wisc D is not quite as good as it was last year, but not by much. They lost Watt but got Borland back from the knee injury. But the real key to them this year is Russell Wilson, case closed.

Reaction Score

exactly why i say Lsu they have the spead to stop Oklahomas spread

Reaction Score
exactly why i say Lsu they have the spead to stop Oklahomas spread

I love LSU's defense, especially their safety, but I do not trust that offense, especially the QB situation. Oklahoma has the better offense, and while i'ts D is not as good as LSU's it is still extremely good. And as Travis Lewis gets to 100% it is going to be elite.

Reaction Score
I love LSU's defense, especially their safety, but I do not trust that offense, especially the QB situation. Oklahoma has the better offense, and while i'ts D is not as good as LSU's it is still extremely good. And as Travis Lewis gets to 100% it is going to be elite.

well see LSU is more battle tested being in the SEC, the only game that could be close on Oklahomas schedule is against Oklahoma State. Remember Oklahomas record breaking season when they had Jason White and Adrian Peterson and then they played LSU and got destroyed not score wise but physicality wise. LSU that year had a great defense great running game and O-line and a qb that didnt make mistakes (game manager). This LSU team reminds me of that team, well see what happens. Recently OU has been a team that has looked very good in the regular season and the bowl game they often get exposed, LSU usually peaks at the right time.

Reaction Score
OU and Wisconsin are great but these SEC teams are on a different level. LSU simply has the strongest and fastest players in the country and Alabama is right there with them. The big difference is that Alabama has Saban who is truly a great coach on the collegiate level. I think those teams would put way too much pressure on Landry Jones and that would be it for OU. As for Wisconsin, Wilson is excellent but he wouldn't be able to run wild against those guys the way he can in the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
OU and Wisconsin are great but these SEC teams are on a different level. LSU simply has the strongest and fastest players in the country and Alabama is right there with them. The big difference is that Alabama has Saban who is truly a great coach on the collegiate level. I think those teams would put way too much pressure on Landry Jones and that would be it for OU. As for Wisconsin, Wilson is excellent but he wouldn't be able to run wild against those guys the way he can in the Big Ten.
Wisconsin has the best offense in the country. I don't think there is anyone who can slow them down. Wilson is a Heisman candidate, is jackrabbit quick and strong, think Michael Vick. He gives them a dimension that Wisconsin has never had, and with that huge offensive line, their great backfield and receivers, they will continue to roll. If Oklahoma loses just one game along the way, Wisconsin will play for the NC.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin has the best offense in the country. I don't think there is anyone who can slow them down. Wilson is a Heisman candidate, is jackrabbit quick and strong, think Michael Vick. He gives them a dimension that Wisconsin has never had, and with that huge offensive line, their great backfield and receivers, they will continue to roll. If Oklahoma loses just one game along the way, Wisconsin will play for the NC.

They may very well play for the title, but I believe that they will end up seeing defense the likes of which they will not see this year. There is no one in the Big 10 that fields athletes like LSU and Alabama, assuming that their opponent is one of those teams.

Reaction Score
They may very well play for the title, but I believe that they will end up seeing defense the likes of which they will not see this year. There is no one in the Big 10 that fields athletes like LSU and Alabama, assuming that their opponent is one of those teams.
By the same token I don't think LSU's or Alabama's defenses have ever seen an offensive line like Wisconsin's. Three of Wisconsins offensive linemen from last years team are all starting as rookies this fall in the NFL and most of the talking heads say they didn't lose all that much in that area. The balance this offense has is scary, two great backs in Ball and Scott, Nick Toon will follow his dad to the NFL, and a great TE in Pedersen, and it's that kind of balance that will keep any defense on it's toes. Oh and lets just add a heisman trophy candidate QB to that offense for good measure. That being said, I hear what you're saying about LSU and Alabama defenses. Will they prevent Wisconsin from putting 50 points on the board, yes probably but will they prevent them from having more points when the gun goes off? Maybe not.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wouldn't count Stanford out of the equation. They run right with Wisconsin in the polls, and nine conference games might make their SOS look a little better. Especially since Wisconsin misses Michigan and OSU is so mediocre.

Reaction Score
I saw Wisconsin up close when I saw them at Camp Randall against Oregon State. The offense is very good, as always. And Wilson adds another dimension. But that is not a championship caliber defense, IMO. They have not been tested by a balanced offense yet. I think Stanford, Oklahoma, LSU, Boise State, and Alabama are all better teams.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count Stanford out of the equation. They run right with Wisconsin in the polls, and nine conference games might make their SOS look a little better. Especially since Wisconsin misses Michigan and OSU is so mediocre.
You could be right, point well taken.

Reaction Score
I saw Wisconsin up close when I saw them at Camp Randall against Oregon State. The offense is very good, as always. And Wilson adds another dimension. But that is not a championship caliber defense, IMO. They have not been tested by a balanced offense yet. I think Stanford, Oklahoma, LSU, Boise State, and Alabama are all better teams.

Sadly, they won't get a chance to play in the title game so we can see if they match up ok.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
An undefeated Stanford might also be very appealing to voters considering Luck is probably the most hyped pro prospect in the last few years (at least according to Mel Kiper Jr. and all those guys).

Reaction Score
They made Nebraska, the 8th ranked team in the country look like Hofstra. That's not a good enough test for you? I can't see LSU, Alabama or Oklahoma putting up 48 on Nebraska. And the 17 Neb scored was not indicative of how badly Wisc beat them.

Reaction Score
An undefeated Stanford might also be very appealing to voters considering Luck is probably the most hyped pro prospect in the last few years (at least according to Mel Kiper Jr. and all those guys).
I think the BCS computers might let Wisconsin in especially if Nebraska goes the whole reg season with one loss. Either Alabama or LSU will have one loss at the end of the season and Oklahoma, IMO will not go undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom