OKC head coach search, candidate Kevin Ollie. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OKC head coach search, candidate Kevin Ollie.

C

Chief00

Just because things went south in KO’s life and with the program doesn’t mean he can’t be a hardworking person ever again.
He has many attributes that would make him a good NBA assistant - lots of experience, knowledgeable of the game, relatability to the players. I don’t think he’ll make it to a head coaching position in the NBA, but he impressed Calhoun one time around here as an assistant to get the head gig here, why can’t he do it again?

People talk on here like KO’s life and career is over because of what happened here. I’m sure if he wants to get back into coaching there’s a place for him, at least as an assistant with a chance to work his way back up.

Also- NBA coaching is vastly different from college. KO is more suited for NBA than college IMO. He almost coached UConn like an NBA team.
Employers don’t like employees who are fixated on suing them and in such denial it goes on for years.
It’s not so much about coaching as it is about hiring an employee in a profession most hires eventually get fired. Given that reality, employers generally don’t want to hire employees with a disgruntled track record of bitterness and unwillingness to accept accountability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Employers don’t like employees who are fixated on suing them and in such denial it goes on for years.
As usual, you offer wisdom none of us could have found in holy books. Thank you so much!!

Reaction Score
LOL would love to watch Kevin Ollie eventually make it into the headlines again for being fired AGAIN. LOL

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It’s not so much about coaching as it is about hiring an employee in a profession most hires eventually get fired. Given that reality, employers generally don’t want to hire employees with a disgruntled track record of bitterness and unwillingness to accept accountability.
Yea that might be a roadblock for him.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Somebody once said being the head coach of a team like uconn is like being the ceo of a company. When it came to the big picture which goes far beyond simply coaching KO was an utter failure.

That is probably true, but it doesn’t discount anything I said. I’m disagreeing that the man is inherently not cut out for being a coach. It’s almost definitely not true.

I say almost bc it’s still an opinion and subjective. But to me it’s ludicrous.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Hard to tell what you can do if your motivation is stymied by your personal life. First things first. There are times in everyone's life when the words "I need help" need to be in one's vocabulary. Once you acknowledge that and move toward it you wonder why it was so hard to do that. Wish him all the best. He is still a young man and has much to live for. Time to start over again.

Reaction Score
LOL would love to watch Kevin Ollie eventually make it into the headlines again for being fired AGAIN. LOL
I am tired of Ollie in regard to this current story but I don't wish termination from a future job on anyone. But you do you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am tired of Ollie in regard to this current story but I don't wish termination from a future job on anyone. But you do you.
I guess my point is he wasn't cut out to run a college team so what makes anyone think he can run a group of NBA players. You don't just let them run out on the court without any supervision or do they?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom