OKay, I was wrong | The Boneyard

OKay, I was wrong

Reaction Score
I thought UCOnn would be on the down side of a 5-10 point game. I am so pleasantly surprised by what I saw. One of the best games, by the way, that I've seen in a couple of years.

Some observations, for whatever they are worth:
1. ONO is not the same kid that did the deer-in-the-headlights imitation a couple of games ago. In the long term, this may be more important than the emergence of Williams as a star.
2. Squeaks is phenomenal. I do not use that word, ever, but there it is.
3. The idea that UConn could be ahead at the half and KLS had not scored was impossible, but it happened. and that led to
4. The predictable KLS recovery in the second half, which was instrumental in the win.
5. Collier ended up on the bench, but not before another invisible MVP performance. A couple of those turnaround jumpers were off the charts.
6. As the announcers pointed out, that amazing first half was played with both sides making really difficult shots
7. Of course, this sets up ND with something to prove if/when the two teams meet in the Final Four. Again.
8. Am I the only person who thought Ogumbowale, who otherwise had an incredible game, made two dirty plays at the end, one of which she got caught at?
9. Credit where credit is due. Amin was a really good play-by-play announcer tonight. He's come a long way since last year, when he was not good at all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought UCOnn would be on the down side of a 5-10 point game. I am so pleasantly surprised by what I saw. One of the best games, by the way, that I've seen in a couple of years.

1. ONO is not the same kid that did the deer-in-the-headlights imitation a couple of games ago. In the long term, this may be more important than the emergence of Williams as a star.
3. The idea that UConn could be ahead at the half and KLS had no scored was impossible, but it happened. and that led to
4. The predictable KLS recover in the second half, which was instrumental in the win.
5. Collier ended up on the bench, but not before another invisible MVP performance. A couple of those turnaround jumpers were off the charts.
6. As the announcers pointed out, that amazing first half was played with both sides making really difficult shots
7. Of course, this sets up ND with something to prove if/when the two teams meet in the Fnal Four. Again.
8. Am I the only person who thought Ogumbowale, who otherwise had an incredible game, made two dirty plays at the end, one of which she got caught at?
9. Credit where credit is due. Amin wass a really good play-by-plan announcer tonight. He's come a long way since last year, when he was not good at all.
I agree that ONO's play was really significant. Interestingly, her fouls seem to be very low key. Hopefully she'll grow out of that!

Reaction Score
If this is the official right/wrong predictions thread. I was wrong in thinking that UConn would have to make threes to win. Amazingly, it was rebounding and layups.

But, I thought UConn would win; and. big pat on my own back, I predicted that a certain freshman would become LEGENDARY.

But, can there be any doubt about that with player who has the guts to wear #13.
She might, single-handedly, turn it into a lucky number- Except for the Irish.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I agree that ONO's play was really significant. Interestingly, her fouls seem to be very low key. Hopefully she'll grow out of that!

Speaking of "low-key". Megan Walker had a very quiet (but effective) and low key 12/8 tonight. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Speaking of "low-key". Megan Walker had a very quiet and low key 12/8 tonight. :D

and don't forget Naphessa who had a very high key performance

1543795781888.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes. I think we need to start tallying her 15 and 15 games.

Yes. Basically, she has now raised her standard so Geno can now say, Come on Pheesa, you can only do that once? One hit wonder. ;):)

Reaction Score

3. The idea that UConn could be ahead at the half and KLS had not scored was impossible, but it happened. and that led to
4. The predictable KLS recovery in the second half, which was instrumental in the win.
7. Of course, this sets up ND with something to prove if/when the two teams meet in the Final Four. Again.
9. Credit where credit is due. Amin was a really good play-by-play announcer tonight. He's come a long way since last year, when he was not good at all.
No I saw it also! One where she tripped Dangerfield and the refs missed it and the other was the swat back at Crystal. Which once the damn announcers stopped talking you could see it in the replay

Reaction Score
Agreed on all counts. I predicted an 85-78 loss, and I was more than 10 points off in both directions.

Christyn Williams is the real deal. Give Kia Nurse her due, but Williams is a major upgrade at the off-guard position, at least on offense.

ONO looks capable of giving solid minutes in big games.

Lou taking over the game in the second half after being shut out in the first shows her toughness.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I though it'd be 15-20!
Glad to be wrong.

I was right there with you vowelguy...funny, my wife took it all in...fully expected UConn to dominate.

Reaction Score
I was wrong as well. I just didn’t think CW, MW and ONO could contribute so much so early. Testament to team and coaching staffs preparation.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

No. 8 for sure. Chippy, classless plays, a hallmark of all ND teams in all sports. Always has been.

Reaction Score
Am I the only person who thought Ogumbowale, who otherwise had an incredible game, made two dirty plays at the end, one of which she got caught at?

Don't forget Mabrey.

I'm glad these two players don't represent Connecticut.

Some of the Irish fans will defend their chronic conflicts as a combination of "toughness" and "competitiveness".

It's neither.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I didn't have a prediction, because I was torn between a UConn double-digit victory and a ND squeaker.

One state I hadn't noticed till eembg posted it was SEVEN turnovers. Against the then-No. 1 team in the country. That's incredible.

Edited to add: That game was as much fun as I was hoping. Good play, drama, the whole nine yards.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw several dirty plays by the ND team. first and foremost the 2 on Crystal and the Shepard elbow to Williams and Mabrey got away with a lot of holding and hacking, but finally was called late in the game and whined about it. Ogumbowale is a complainer and ended up getting t'd up..good!!! i noticed in the line when the teams were giving their game hi fives. Ogumbuwale went past Gino and he gave her a quizzical look..Wonder if she said something nasty to him..Hmmmm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom