OK, You Guys Stink! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OK, You Guys Stink!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
With all apologies to MM's original and understanding the full risks of tempting fate by rewriting a sacred screed, I believe it's time for a 2022 update to reinvigorate the mojo gods.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to put down Candy Crush and get down to MSG tonight before 9:30.

Tickets are selling for $150. You have $150 worth of Marvel NFTs in the cloud only one click away on your overpriced Chinese-sourced Apple 13. What in the world are you saving the $150 for? If you're still not ready to commit to spending $150 to see this game, you're probably the type of person who needs to be told that you won't be able to get floor seats for MonstaX for $150. Not going to happen, son.

The constant crying stops now. "Gaffney can't play point guard, waaah!" "Sanogo gets into too much foul trouble, waaah!" Let me get your pacifier, you big crybaby. You're so sad because Whaley isn't tough enough for you and Martin isn't good enough for you and RJ's beard isn't dreamy enough for you? Next you'll be telling me that Jackson is too long for you (guess what: you're right).

You think you're so, so special and you deserve only Wooster St. pizza, Treehouse limited release cans and lululemon joggers, well you're going to have to prove it tomorrow at 9:30pm at 7th Avenue and 33rd Street. The question you should be asking is "Am I good enough for this team," and the answer is actually "No." Life isn't some FanDuel fantasy where you make rain as every parlay pays out, and every stock pick offers above-market returns, and Charli D'Amelio thinks your story about the time you shared boneless wings with Christian Foxen at the Chick-Fil-A in Mohegan Sun makes you the most interesting man she ever desperately wanted to make a TikTok with. Life is a struggle. You get out there and fight for what you get. No one is going to give it to you.

I don't want to hear any of your excuses.

"My wife will kill me if I skip my daughter's recital and go into the city for the game." Who is telling your wife? Not any true UConn fan. They don't even know your wife (except probably Spackler if he's still lurking).

"I just cannot spare the time away from my family." Hate to be the one to break it to you, skippy, but your family just isn't that important. Remember that time you did that Words With Friends all-night marathon and the world erupted into chaos? Me neither. Plus you're probably more likely to get divorced when your wife learns that you routinely humor a guy named Deepster on a website called the "boneyard" than when they find out you enjoyed a basketball game instead of having dinner with the wife and kids. Besides, sneaking peeks at game chat while your spouse is praying for you to finish already isn't exactly being "faithful".

"But my UConn family, I have other plans for tonight." Did Garry McGhee have other plans when Kemba broke his ankles? Did Cincinnati have other plans when Jalen Adams sunk that 62-footer? Did Kimani Young have other plans before Hurley got T'd out of the Nova game? Other plans, pffft. You being in the right place at the right time is what matters. And that's at MSG tonight.

I'll tell you this: the game isn't too far for the group of 8 or 9 Butler fans walking down 6th Avenue this morning with wheely-bags in tow, surprised that they needed a second hotel night, looking around awestruck like they'd never seen a dirty dog cart or a Muslim taxi driver before. If those corn-fed hicks could leave the safety of their prairie hovels, drive their rusted F-150s across the wastelands of Ohio and Pennsylvania, and still spend two nights in an overpriced New York City hotel splattered with who knows whose DNA for their team, the least you can do is get off your lazy behind and catch a damned train. Seton Hall fans will. Unless, of course, you're admitting that you're only a casual fan. And that's OK, there are other things you can be involved in other than rooting for the Huskies. Like bingeing Judge Judy on Amazon, or being glued to the Big Texan live feed months after the rest of us moved on, or playing Legend of Zelda, which is the only place you can pretend to be a wolf instead of the sheep you are. If that's the way you want to go out, be my guest. True Husky Blue fans will be at The Garden tonight, rooting their heads off for the good guys.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
With all apologies to MM's original and understanding the full risks of tempting fate by rewriting a sacred screed, I believe it's time for a 2022 update to reinvigorate the mojo gods.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to put down Candy Crush and get down to MSG tonight before 9:30.

Tickets are selling for $150. You have $150 worth of Marvel NFTs in the cloud only one click away on your overpriced Chinese-sourced Apple 13. What in the world are you saving the $150 for? If you're still not ready to commit to spending $150 to see this game, you're probably the type of person who needs to be told that you won't be able to get floor seats for MonstaX for $150. Not going to happen, son.

The constant crying stops now. "Gaffney can't play point guard, waaah!" "Sanogo gets into too much foul trouble, waaah!" Let me get your pacifier, you big crybaby. You're so sad because Whaley isn't tough enough for you and Martin isn't good enough for you and RJ's beard isn't dreamy enough for you? Next you'll be telling me that Jackson is too long for you (guess what: you're right).

You think you're so, so special and you deserve only Wooster St. pizza, Treehouse limited release cans and lululemon joggers, well you're going to have to prove it tomorrow at 9:30pm at 7th Avenue and 33rd Street. The question you should be asking is "Am I good enough for this team," and the answer is actually "No." Life isn't some FanDuel fantasy where you make rain as every parlay pays out, and every stock pick offers above-market returns, and Charli D'Amelio thinks your story about the time you shared boneless wings with Christian Foxen at the Chick-Fil-A in Mohegan Sun makes you the most interesting man she ever desperately wanted to make a TikTok with. Life is a struggle. You get out there and fight for what you get. No one is going to give it to you.

I don't want to hear any of your excuses.

"My wife will kill me if I skip my daughter's recital and go into the city for the game." Who is telling your wife? Not any true UConn fan. They don't even know your wife (except probably Spackler if he's still lurking).

"I just cannot spare the time away from my family." Hate to be the one to break it to you, skippy, but your family just isn't that important. Remember that time you did that Words With Friends all-night marathon and the world erupted into chaos? Me neither. Plus you're probably more likely to get divorced when your wife learns that you routinely humor a guy named Deepster on a website called the "boneyard" than when they find out you enjoyed a basketball game instead of having dinner with the wife and kids. Besides, sneaking peeks at game chat while your spouse is praying for you to finish already isn't exactly being "faithful".

"But my UConn family, I have other plans for tonight." Did Garry McGhee have other plans when Kemba broke his ankles? Did Cincinnati have other plans when Jalen Adams sunk that 62-footer? Did Kimani Young have other plans before Hurley got T'd out of the Nova game? Other plans, pffft. You being in the right place at the right time is what matters. And that's at MSG tonight.

I'll tell you this: the game isn't too far for the group of 8 or 9 Butler fans walking down 6th Avenue this morning with wheely-bags in tow, surprised that they needed a second hotel night, looking around awestruck like they'd never seen a dirty dog cart or a Muslim taxi driver before. If those corn-fed hicks could leave the safety of their prairie hovels, drive their rusted F-150s across the wastelands of Ohio and Pennsylvania, and still spend two nights in an overpriced New York City hotel splattered with who knows whose DNA for their team, the least you can do is get off your lazy behind and catch a damned train. Seton Hall fans will. Unless, of course, you're admitting that you're only a casual fan. And that's OK, there are other things you can be involved in other than rooting for the Huskies. Like bingeing Judge Judy on Amazon, or being glued to the Big Texan live feed months after the rest of us moved on, or playing Legend of Zelda, which is the only place you can pretend to be a wolf instead of the sheep you are. If that's the way you want to go out, be my guest. True Husky Blue fans will be at The Garden tonight, rooting their heads off for the good guys.
Risky for sure.

But good effort.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Now that that demented old, useless so-called Judge (piss be upon him) has finally removed himself as the primary obstacle to our birthright 5th Natty (first under Coach Hurley), we are finally able to begin plowing a new field of Mojo, here.

And while the Japanese rock demon is busy prowling the world, looking for victims (unleashed for the first time in a millenium), we are busy generating a MOJO force field, to protect our beloved Huskies and to propel them to victory on a groundswell of positive MOJO.

Keep up the good work and remember to taunt and deride that drooling sub-moron, Dumpster at every opportunity.

BTW, Rolling Rock was foisted off on us by that dementia addled swami. It is not a sacrosanct thing, IMAO.

Definitely, it is on the table for re-consideration. We are convened, here and now, to liberate the MOJO!

Reaction Score
BTW, Rolling Rock was foisted off on us by that dementia addled swami. It is not a sacrosanct thing, IMAO
Rolling Rock mojo was before my time on the BY. Still, I have found references to it humorous, so its been my March CBOC (cheap beer of choice) for a while. Mojo can respond as It will

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Risky for sure.

But good effort.
It had some laughs. There were a few vaguely disturbing parts - Next you'll be telling me that Jackson is too long for you (guess what: you're right) - but overall it was good, though nothing compared to the original.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I hope to hell that you guys know what you are doing but in all candor I think you're in so far over your heads you'll need an elevator to get your hair cut.

The mojo Gods are not to be touted with and you can not tell them what to do. This could end badly, please be careful.

Reaction Score
Unlike most of you, I can't be at MSG tonight! In front of my TV I shall be watching my beloved HUSKIES.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Two posts in and the doddering old fool can’t get a sentence straight.
Jesus. Nonsense like this sure ain’t gonna get it done. Toothless insults and no sizzle at all to the crime or sentence. Every one of your posts make me realize I made the right choice to cut bait now.
Says the has been who can't hold up prankster's jockstrap!
@prankster Dumpster can only dream of Testiculos.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dumpster's mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I hope to hell that you guys know what you are doing but in all candor I think you're in so far over your heads you'll need an elevator to get your hair cut.

The mojo Gods are not to be touted with and you can not tell them what to do. This could end badly, please be careful.
The mojo Gods are already ticked off with the abdication before the BET. No different than if RJ declared he chooses to sit out the postseason.

We are DOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The mojo Gods are already ticked off with the abdication before the BET. No different than if RJ declared he chooses to sit out the postseason.

We are DOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, but to be completely honest we've always been doomed.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It had some laughs. There were a few vaguely disturbing parts - Next you'll be telling me that Jackson is too long for you (guess what: you're right) - but overall it was good, though nothing compared to the original.
Are you saying it was OK with you that Jeremy Lamb was too long for you, but it's a problem with Jackson?

All I did was replace Maker's dated references with current ones. Most of the text is still his. The late game time forced the shift to leaving the family instead of work.

And of course, being in Pittsburgh with a bad back and no job, I'm not going myself :D

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Are you saying it was OK with you that Jeremy Lamb was too long for you, but it's a problem with Jackson?

All I did was replace Maker's dated references with current ones. Most of the text is still his. The late game time forced the shift to leaving the family instead of work.

And of course, being in Pittsburgh with a bad back and no job, I'm not going myself :D
Storrsroars,

How's this for a mojo booster:

If you can get to Manhattan Saturday I have a ticket for you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yep, context is everything, besides MM was funnier.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yep, context is everything, besides MM was funnier.
Of course his post was funnier. Nobody had seen a rant like that before. It was legendary.

It was also dated.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Of course his post was funnier. Nobody had seen a rant like that before. It was legendary.

It was also dated.
Storrsroars,

Saw your DM bit for some reason I can't respond.

Wishing you the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom