Ok... Where do I put all this Snow? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ok... Where do I put all this Snow?

Reaction Score
The town plows left a 3 foot pile of snow in the street in front of my house about 2 yesterday afternoon... and now it gone.. the whole street seems to be one big snow drift, about 4+ feet.... My pickup looks like an SUV.. the bed is full up to the rest of the roof....My front door is blocked with 3 feet of snow... It's going to be a fun day.....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Snowblowing the sidewalk....

Feb 8, 2013 Blizzard 021.JPG

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Oh crap! My plow guy just called. The truck broke down and he can't get the part until Monday.

Looks like the blower will earn its keep!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What's the forecast? Will the temps be above freezing soon?
Supposed to be very cold tonight, like around 0F. But last I saw up to around 40F Monday and Tuesday.

We got 23.5" up here at the center of the universe. Had to clear out the drive so my brother-in-law (staying with us a couple months until they get moved) could get down to Bradley Airport for work. But the street wasn't plowed yet. Let him take my 4 wheel drive Jeep. We aren't going anywhere today anyway.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Snowblowing the sidewalk....

View attachment 2284
Unbelievable. I don't know I ever experienced snow quite that deep - certainly not as an adult, although '78 might have been close.

The difference between NJ and NE, I suppose.

I have seen the remains of a storm like that, on a business trip to Boston, but I have no idea of the year, probably in the '90s.

Reaction Score
I remember walking out of a second story window on Long Island in the 1950's...the snow was hard enough on top to support my weight (I've gained a few ponds since then). Here in Atlanta it's 61 degrees and sunny...ahhhhhhhh

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I remember walking out of a second story window on Long Island in the 1950's...the snow was hard enough on top to support my weight (I've gained a few ponds since then). Here in Atlanta it's 61 degrees and sunny...ahhhhhhhh
True, but you had a tornado 10 days ago. I know because I was there at the time. Lucky me.

Reaction Score
True, but you had a tornado 10 days ago. I know because I was there at the time. Lucky me.

Tornadoes here are like earthquakes in California...we barely notice them unless they run your house over, and then you usually aren't around to complain anyway...

Reaction Score
Just got in from shoveling (we started at 10:30). Here's what we saw when we opened the garage door - that's my son's car under that snow.

View attachment 2283
Just finished shoveling, 38"of that nasty stuff. Now if I was still spending my winters in vermont, and we had that much, I'd be one happy person.. Now if the plow guy would come with a front end loader , and the town plows the street I'll be all set.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Our dog refused to go out in the storm last night so she was whimpering when I got up this morning. I opened the door to let her out and was met with a 3' wall of snow in the doorway. It took me 20 minutes to dig out a path for her - just the way I wanted to spend my Saturday morning.

And our mailbox didn't make it through the night. The post is buried in a 5' snowbank at the end of the driveway and the mailbox itself is in a sidewalk.

Dog.JPG

Reaction Score
Stratford....At least we didn't loose power.... Just heard tonight the low will be -8

I live in Stratford also and I have not seen a snow plow since thursday night when they pretreated my street, Stfd Fire department had to wade through waist high snow to help some elderly neighbors. No one could get out of their houses. We were told a plow will be here on Monday. I guess no work for me!

Reaction Score
My street still hasn't seen a plow... still about 4 ft drifts. A few people have tried walking down the street, but they walk about 100 feet and have to stop and rest...I put out longer poles at the curb so the plow doesn't wind up in my yard...The best part... our Mayor sent out a reverse call at 3:30 in the morning after which I hadn't gotten any sleep. No wonder I'm here posting at 6 am...:)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CNN reports that Hamden, with 40", beat out Milford. Damn!

Seriously, everyone take care!

I'm fortunate to be in So. Cal. today, where "cold" means 40 overnight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom