OK that was nice, so can we talk Temple? | The Boneyard

OK that was nice, so can we talk Temple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our kids have got to be exhausted physically but emotionally energized. Our confidence (particularly Jalen's and Amida's) have to be on another level.

I feel better about playing Temple than I did about Cincy. I don't want to get too cocky as a fan but I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Bond is a handful but no way is he better than the Ellis/deberry combo we just faced. I do like our chances. Miller will be huge since he barely played today and should be energized

Reaction Score
Temple would typically be an easier game, we were 2 point dogs today and opened -4 tomorrow, but the energy level is a concern.

Not worried about them being tired, worried they will be flat.

Reaction Score
Straight up man to man with no hedging. Get up on the three point shooters. Be consistent on defense. Offense will take care of itself. MAN UP ON DEFENSE!

GO HUSKIES!!!! BEAT TEMPLE!!!!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Owls are the creepiest of all birds. As long as we come out punching this is a 10+ game.

Reaction Score
Need a couple guys to step up - Omar in particular. He was squeezed out of the rotation today and has his legs. He needs to be ready to contribute and welcome the responsibility as a senior. Miller should be fine, and Adams might be impervious to fatigue now.

If we can steal a few quality minutes out of Facey and/or SCII, all the better.

Reaction Score
Here's the advantage for us. We have been slow getting into games, first 9-10 minutes, we've been tight, turning it over etc. now we are warmed up nicely I'm not kidding here, the bugs are out and we're gonna just PLAY. Temples front line is big and muscular so it won't be easy but I expect us to play looser and better. Not worried about the energy. Sunday maybe.

Reaction Score
Everyone will be sore, but once the tip happens most of those pains will go away.

There's a very real chance they could end up emotionally drained after a win like that, though. I'm just hoping today was a big enough win with enough hype around it to get us in the tournament.

Reaction Score
This team needs a leader or go-to guy at the end of games. Way too many games have been blown late. Heck, we were up 7 with 2:xx to play in regulation today. Yes, we escaped with a nail biting win, but we should have closed it out.

Get in from and hold. Just finish games and we should be ok.

Reaction Score
Temple just played an easy game. There is downside to that as they might not be as ready for high level game. But those guys r gritty and overachieve so probably not but here's hoping the cakewalk over USF didn't prepare them!

Reaction Score
This team needs a leader or go-to guy at the end of games. Way too many games have been blown late. Heck, we were up 7 with 2:xx to play in regulation today. Yes, we escaped with a nail biting win, but we should have closed it out.

Get in from and hold. Just finish games and we should be ok.
Jalen Adams is his name.

Reaction Score
The team needed Jalen to have a game like this. Hopefully they recognize him as the leader now that he lead them into war. DH got energized and realized he is still one of the best players on the floor. Hopefully JA's energy can carry them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Like our chances? Earlier season the board was calling that first Temple game a bad loss. We are much better then Temple, we should win.

caw

Reaction Score
Like our chances? Earlier season the board was calling that first Temple game a bad loss. We are much better then Temple, we should win.

It was a bad loss because of how it happened more so than it being Temple.

Reaction Score
DeCosey is the best closer in the league. We need to get a nice healthy lead. How about a nice clean 15 point win fellas? Heart Healthy

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If we can beat Temple we'd be playing tulane/memphis for the championship. I like our odds.

Reaction Score
The team needed Jalen to have a game like this. Hopefully they recognize him as the leader now that he lead them into war. DH got energized and realized he is still one of the best players on the floor. Hopefully JA's energy can carry them.
No team will recognize their freshman as their leader nor should a freshman be the leader of a team. He could be our best player but not the leader one of the upperclassmen need to take that role

Reaction Score
As tired as UConn may be, it is not like Temple is a deep team. In a blowout yesterday, they essentially played 7 guys. Decousey played 38 minutes, Brown played the entire game. With Lowe out, they really don't have a ton of depth in the backcourt. Get these guys in foul trouble...they don't have any other options.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This team needs a leader or go-to guy at the end of games. Way too many games have been blown late. Heck, we were up 7 with 2:xx to play in regulation today. Yes, we escaped with a nail biting win, but we should have closed it out

The same guys who blew the lead in regulation, won the game in OT. I think Jalen turned a corner. I hope Daniel did too. Less convinced about DHam especially today with tired legs and his tendency to front rim his shots. But he did it tired yesterday...so go DHam! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I'll be on a flight for the second half of the game today...won't know if we won or lost till I land.

Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3