Ok, somebody help me | The Boneyard

Ok, somebody help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

storrsbred1

Megan was just gushing over the first half. I didn't see it. Lots of turnovers, didn't run the offense very well except upon occasion. Geno can't be pleased.

If I am off base here, tell me where I missed it please.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
It may be somewhere in between, but I won't grouse over outscoring a fairly good & tall club 3-1.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Kara impressed also. I'd say at the moment I typed "not shooting well," things changed.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I thought they looked terrific. Still turning the ball over too much, but the defense has been absolutely suffocating. Dayton is MUCH better than FDU or Buffalo, and UConn is making them look like FDU or Buffalo. And the offense has been decisive, even if the execution hasn't been consistent.

To me, this may be the first time I've really thought UConn looked like the #2 team in the country all season.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
This game is being played at a frenetic pace. UConn's full court trapping defense is suffocating and Dayton isn't handling it well. Applebee really has some pretty good post moves. While KML is awesome from three...where are our other three point shooters. We know that Doty, Hayes and Bria can shoot the three. Geno has said that he is surprised at how well Brianna can shoot, and he said that Kelly was really improved shooter over the summer. We need other players making threes and pull-up jumpers...we cannot depend on only KML as the season progresses...other teams will figure it out and they will key their defenses on her. Stefanie is playing well in the post, Heather and Kiah providing very good back-up minutes at least on the defensive end...both of them need to work on their offensive output. Tiffany seems to be back to forcing shots again...it would be good to see her put in two back to back good games. CPTV said during one of the breaks that Kelly has stolen everything but the popcorn from the vending machine..pretty funny. All and all a great first half...

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
This game is being played at a frenetic pace. UConn's full court trapping defense is suffocating and Dayton isn't handling it well. Applebee really has some pretty good post moves. While KML is awesome from three...where are our other three point shooters. We know that Doty, Hayes and Bria can shoot the three. Geno has said that he is surprised at how well Brianna can shoot, and he said that Kelly was really improved shooter over the summer. We need other players making threes and pull-up jumpers...we cannot depend on only KML as the season progresses...other teams will figure it out and they will key their defenses on her. Stefanie is playing well in the post, Heather and Kiah providing very good back-up minutes at least on the defensive end...both of them need to work on their offensive output. Tiffany seems to be back to forcing shots again...it would be good to see her put in two back to back good games. CPTV said during one of the breaks that Kelly has stolen everything but the popcorn from the vending machine..pretty funny. All and all a great first half...
I did not see Tiff force any shots today. Can you provide some examples?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Very surprised that FDU beat Buffalo for the bronze medal.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This is a team still developing its identity. With this there is an evolutionary process that will take place and we have seen some of this over the last three games. While the offense was bad against FDU, there has been a better flow, tempo and control over the last two games.

KML goes o-fer yesterday and lights it up today. Tiff was a beast yesterday and a solid contributor today. Guards are looking to get the ball into the post and playing under control. Bria and company can still hit the threes and drive the lane but they are making better choices at those options. We have four players who can light it up on any given night. This is a huge plus!

We have a bench that seems to go four deep, something we have not had in a long while. Another big plus.

Our defense and rebounding has been very good and consistent. And when your shooting is cold, defense will keep you in the game.

Let us all relax and enjoy the evolution of this team. It's exciting!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Megan was just gushing over the first half. I didn't see it. Lots of turnovers, didn't run the offense very well except upon occasion. Geno can't be pleased.

If I am off base here, tell me where I missed it please.
Off base in that the team clearly ran the offense. Running it well but far from perfect. Plenty of room for improvement. Entry passes to Stef were made some decent, some horrid. The defense was again ferocious.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't gush over it, but it represents steady improvement over the past two games. They got some offense working against a team that is not going to be half-bad in its league this year. As Ice said, there are plenty of ways to improve. I was a bit disappointed that Heather did not build on what I thought was a wonderful game against Buffalo.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I wouldn't gush over it, but it represents steady improvement over the past two games. They got some offense working against a team that is not going to be half-bad in its league this year. As Ice said, there are plenty of ways to improve. I was a bit disappointed that Heather did not build on what I thought was a wonderful game against Buffalo.
It is important to remember this was the third game in three days. The less than stellar second half may have been impacted by that as well.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I did not see Tiff force any shots today. Can you provide some examples?

I guess you missed the lay-up she attempted where she was totally out of control and hit the bottom of the rim only about 10 seconds into the shot clock. In any case my point is she had a spectacular game yesterday...today her game was ahhh okay... It would be good to see her more consistent. This isn't a bash on Tifany it is an observation...

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I guess you missed the lay-up she attempted where she was totally out of control and hit the bottom of the rim only about 10 seconds into the shot clock. In any case my point is she had a spectacular game yesterday...today her game was ahhh okay... It would be good to see her more consistent. This isn't a bash on Tifany it is an observation...
Right I must have missed that ONE. But you said shots, as in more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom