OK So how does Nika get here? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OK So how does Nika get here?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Speaking of getting here. Today Delta announced that all flights to Europe would be cancelled for the next 30 days, grounding 300 planes. Assuming the other airlines follow suit, there are going to be very few flights available to actually book a seat on.

Reaction Score
Speaking of getting here. Today Delta announced that all flights to Europe would be cancelled for the next 30 days, grounding 300 planes. Assuming the other airlines follow suit, there are going to be very few flights available to actually book a seat on.
Delta slashes flights by 40% as virus cripples global travel ...

Reaction Score
I suppose submarines still go from New London to Europe..no travel restrictions thus far..

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The bigger question is will the 2020-2021 season go forward?

If travel bans persist long enough to prevent Nika's timely entry into the country, that will bode very, very badly for the viability of the sports season.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
That was quite a clever response. I am not that clever for sure. But I heard Nika is planning to arrive by a 20 Muhl team express. ;):rolleyes:
muhl_team.jpg

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Planes recycle fresh air 20/30 times per hour, about the same as hospital air handling systems.
Actually 50% of the plane's air is removed and the other 50% is mixed with fresh air for each cycle. Not sure if the "fresh air" at 30,000 feet contains a comfortable level of oxygen. Presumably the mixture is forced through HEPA filters, however, God knows when they were last replaced. Am I on a plane with a new filters or one with old filters near their replacement date?

As for hospitals "With the advent of sealed high-rise buildings and forced ventilation, expensive negative pressure rooms have been introduced to house patients with infections thought likely to be transmitted by aerosol. The spread of tuberculosis among HIV patients was a recent dramatic example of the problems with enclosed rooms and prisons. To ensure sufficient dilution of the bacterial load around an infected patient, room air should be changed 10–12 times every hour. Actual room air changes in negative pressure rooms often fall below this level because of poor plant and maintenance." Airborne transmission of disease in hospitals

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I have friend who has a friend who knows a guy that knows another guy that owns a boat that can "get people" to the United States through Canada...Does that help? :rolleyes:
An ice boat?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
:DGroan:DI wish I was quick enough to think of it.
It doesn't work. I been focusing on pronouncing her name correctly so I read it phonetically as 'something to MULE over'

Reaction Score
I have to say by reading this blog I have a smile from one ear to the other. Very entertaining on a sports less Sunday.

Reaction Score
She can fly to England then fly to USA ...but be fast. Not too many countries are not in the list.

I love this logic. Your passport is required and your travels will be reviewed. This has always been the case. It’s a moot point now.

Reaction Score
Actually 50% of the plane's air is removed and the other 50% is mixed with fresh air for each cycle. Not sure if the "fresh air" at 30,000 feet contains a comfortable level of oxygen. Presumably the mixture is forced through HEPA filters, however, God knows when they were last replaced. Am I on a plane with a new filters or one with old filters near their replacement date?

Is oxygen mixed in? All of a sudden this is important.

Reaction Score
The bigger question is will the 2020-2021 season go forward?

If travel bans persist long enough to prevent Nika's timely entry into the country, that will bode very, very badly for the viability of the sports season.
She just might not be able to come here. I guess on the bright side Geno would have one more scholly to hand out.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Is oxygen mixed in? All of a sudden this is important.
The outside air comes from the jet engines prior to combustion. It is compressed and some of it is routed into the cabin while the bulk is combined with the fuel. Prior to entering the cabin the air is cooled since compression heats it. It then goes through HEPA filters. The resulting air is similar to air found at aproximately 6,000 or 7,000 feet. No oxygen is added. Apparently the compression concentrates the oxygen content. There probably is more exposure to airborne germs in the terminal. People are clustered together rather closely around the gate area. Also I recall being trapped inside a plane in Minneapolis on the tarmac for over an hour in the summer, This is bad since the air conditioning is generally not active in such cases irrespective your discomfort.

Reaction Score
Thanks, the compression makes sense. I believe that’s how the portable oxygen machines work and my grandson used something similar in NICU at Yale NH. Thanks!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom