Ok...so does the delay between the last game and the NCAA's... | The Boneyard

Ok...so does the delay between the last game and the NCAA's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Help or hurt UConn vis a vis other teams...

Reaction Score
It helps. We have an extra few days to practice and implement last minute wrinkles. And, frankly, we always have the first two rounds to shake the rust off.

Reaction Score
The layoff does a little of both for UConn. KML has another week to work back into game shape and MoJef has another week off of her feet. That helps. It does hurt to stop and start again after their great run in the AAC tournament. However with the next game a full week away they will have a great week of practice followed by two easy games at home to start the NCAA. Anyway you look at it, this team will be rested and ready to roll.........

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
KML has another week to work back into game shape and MoJef has another week off of her feet.

My exact thoughts. Having KML practice, practice, practice for more than a week should help.

Reaction Score
ADES: Interesting topic to me. And I think all the replies are interesting as well. On balance, RFOR's and NDMB's thought that the first couple of games should help us get our nifty American tourney momentum back seems to outweigh any downsides to the long lay-off. And WALLY's thought about Lewis getting needed practice (and , I would add, "in shape") time seems very important as well. Good stuff.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
2-3 rounds to knock off the rust the rested body and legs will help.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Two weeks that really becomes three weeks with the team on campus and only interrupted by the first two games at home allows the team:
1. Rest and recuperate - nagging issues can be rested in a way that you can't except during the 10 day or so Christmas break.
2. Recover conditioning - KML needs a few weeks to really get back.
3. Coaches to break down the team - 'self scout' - and then implement specific improvements and reenforce concepts that may have slipped a little during the year.

With the amount of and distances involved in traveling around this new league when you add in travel days, game days, and off days it has probably been a while since they had more than two full practices in a week. It really becomes a second preseason period where the coaches can schedule a series of coordinated practices, one building on the next - and even more productive than the preseason as the team is already working as a unit with the basic knowledge second nature by now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree, it helps get KML back to full strength. They have the luxury of shaking off any rust in the 1st two rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom