OK, no more whining - Official UCONN vs Rutgers prediction thread | The Boneyard

OK, no more whining - Official UCONN vs Rutgers prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Senior day and some real good ones will be moving on after this season - Reyes, Petrus, Ryan, the Moores. Let's get there early and stay to the end to help these guys get a W.

I think Johny Mac hit his stride against Louisville and had his receivers held onto the ball it would have shown in his stat line. Against the Scarlet Knights they do. It's a very balanced attach adn McCombs and McCummings get on track to.

That's right, this one is a shocker because it is not even close. Book it......

31-20 Huskies and we go to Nippert to get bowl eligible.

Reaction Score
Rutgers-W
UConn-L

I don't see UConn beating a hot Rutgers. I will go to the field on Saturday optimistic and cheer UConn on. For discussion board sake, not happening.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Huskies lead by three with the ball and 30 seconds left and RU out of time outs

coaching staff hands the ball off to McCombs

the result, miracle in the Meadows

coach says after the game he should have had McEntee take a knee

Reaction Score
Uconn 24 Rutgers 17

Still a huge game for us, a chance to ruin RU's dream season. How can we not get fired up for that?

A win next week will feel great and keep our bowl hopes alive.

Reaction Score
I predict that Rutgers v. UConn football is going to take another step up in rivalry b/c their dream season is going to come apart on Saturday when we win.

Reaction Score
Like minidarren says...let's get there early and stay till the end! The more of us that show up means the less Rutty fans in our stands!

Reaction Score
We all know that Rutgers will play us like LV played us -- first and foremost, take away the TB run. They don't believe, and shouldn't believe, after watching us play LV that we can make play action passes work consistently and exploit it.

I think we saw that we can get people in position to exploit overplaying the run. Can we execute our passing game? Can we contain anyone with our passing D? Who knows at this point.

Reaction Score
We all know that Rutgers will play us like LV played us -- first and foremost, take away the TB run. They don't believe, and shouldn't believe, after watching us play LV that we can make play action passes work consistently and exploit it.

I think we saw that we can get people in position to exploit overplaying the run. Can we execute our passing game? Can we contain anyone with our passing D? Who knows at this point.
I think you make a correct prediction about having ample opportunities to make them pay for overplaying the run, and my HEAD tells me "We can't possibly drop so many passes again, right?" (Right?!)

Reaction Score
Can't let them sniff a BE championship, even a 5 way tie. Uconn by 1 on last second FG.

F

fortebleedsblue

Seeing as how this team has only gone above 21 points once this season against FBS opponents if RU can get above that they win the game.

Here is how I see it playing out... UConn's defense puts the offense in great field position several times throughout the game and the offense is finally able to manage a field goal. The Connecticut 'D' also manages to come up with a pick six, but its not enough to overcome the number of big plays Rutgers has that results in scoring. Down 31 - 10 in the 4th Deleone tries to go to the air .... a wide open WR catches the ball in stride heading for the end-zone but suddenly stops in place staring at the ball in his hands in disbelief ... which ultimately results in a fumble. RU takes a knee to end the game; the bone-yard blows up until someone sooths the situation with a UConn - USF prediction thread.

Reaction Score
Welp, I haven't thought this one through yet, but I'll take a stab and say:

Rutgers 35

Yukon 10

So what's happened to you guys this year? New coach? Wrong personnel?

Reaction Score
Rutgers in a walk.

Mohamed "takes off on the runway" Sanu "you later"

Just keeping it real!

Reaction Score
Gotta go with Rutgers, as much as I hate to say it. 21-10.
They just have our number, and I honestly think they're better this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom