OK, I'll admit it: I think Doris Burke is awesome | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OK, I'll admit it: I think Doris Burke is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To add to what I wrote on page 1, Doris Burke, even with the occasional story-telling, is above many of the other analysts. She has played the Div. I game, granted not at an AA level but a starting PG for Providence back, I think in the dark days of the early Big East. She has worked very hard to do her homework to see teams at practice as well as game conditions and asked pointed questions of coaches and players to see what their mindset would be during a game. She doesn't shy away from tough areas that could be controversial, such as, He of the BOSTON GLOBE that should remain nameless, or that UCONN deserves all the credit for achieving all their success the right way, no shortcuts, through hard-work, "just flat out-works every other school in Division I basketball!" Or if a coach or player is not living up to their so-called level during a game.
She is among the short list of best in the game! Others I appreciate are, Kara Lawson, Rebecca Lobo, Gail Goestenkors (better IMO than her coaching), Brenda VonEgen(sp?), Debbie Antonelli, Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Beth Mowens (sp?), to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom