OK...how raucous can we make XL Sunday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OK...how raucous can we make XL Sunday?

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
I am typically an XL supporter but today was terrible. I think we win that game at Gampel.

Reaction Score
Chicken or the egg situation. Does the crowd have to get hype so the players play better? Or do the players have to play better so the crowd gets hype?

Neither happened today

Reaction Score
Anyone blaming the XL for no noise is whacked. Did you watch this game? Did you watch this team play basketball today? If they scored they gave up an easy hoop with crappy D right after. They never did anything to get this crowd going they’re playing awful basketball can’t ask people to get all revved up for this.

Reaction Score
Student section is terrible. Kids have no idea what to do. St Johns shot free throws and it sounded like they were in Queens. Zero home court advantage

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Crowd did not bring it. This season seems to be a let's-wait-for-the-2nd-half-to-get-up type of crowd. Felt like a lot of families today at XL. There were spots where the crowd was ready to get up and stay up, and we just could not get a defensive stop. UConn fans are known for needing the game to dictate their enthusiasm. The team/coaching was so bad today it didn't matter where we played.

Reaction Score
If you seriously think switching venues will save us, boy you are gullible. I am a huge fan of Gampel only, but seriously, the fans were out of it (including myself)because there was nothing to cheer for. As said earlier, any time we had an ounce of momentum, we would either foul, give up a layup, or both. The blame needs to go on the coach first and then trickle down from there. Good shooting and highlight plays come and go, but defensive intensity, plays that take 20 seconds that lead to 1. A Sanogo post up that leads to a double team OR 2. Literally nothing, just perimeter passes and 0 switches so we have to take wild 3s to save us is why we had 0 energy. Why root for mediocrity and no effort

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Lol you guys thinking games should all be played at Gampel.

You need to win these games. Regardless of venue.
You need to beat St Johns on the moon if you have to. Very true.

That being said burn down that .

Reaction Score
Crowd did not bring it. This season seems to be a let's-wait-for-the-2nd-half-to-get-up type of crowd. Felt like a lot of families today at XL. There were spots where the crowd was ready to get up and stay up, and we just could not get a defensive stop. UConn fans are known for needing the game to dictate their enthusiasm. The team/coaching was so bad today it didn't matter where we played.
Problem with Hartford is lots of people are given tickets that don’t care about the game. They just go.

Reaction Score
There’s been several games this year people say “every time the crowd starts to get up the other team makes a play”….but like just cuz the other team makes a basket doesn’t mean you need to sit back down and shut up. Crowd was awful. Obviously not why we lost though

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

How raucous can we make XL Sunday?​

Well, the rush to the exits in the fourth quarter was impressive, but fairly orderly. So as it turns out, not to raucous at all.

Reaction Score
The crowd that was left gave a fairly loud boo to the team after the horn sounded.

The crowd also got loudly agitated the last 2 times Sanogo got the ball down low and then hit the snooze bar until SJU brought the double.

These were awkward moments but I can understand why they happened.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I am typically an XL supporter but today was terrible. I think we win that game at Gampel.
Maybe if we didn’t tell St. John’s it’s at gampel.
In all seriousness St. John’s was the better team. Maybe we overlooked them, maybe they match up better but no way playing in gampel wins us this game.
If gampel was that much of an advantage they would find a way to get 5k more seats in that place and we would never play anywhere else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom