OK...how raucous can we make XL Sunday? | The Boneyard

OK...how raucous can we make XL Sunday?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
OK. Marquette's fans were a joke. And I have my take on what DH could have done better...on what our players could have done better. It's apparent this is a win-at-home-at-all-costs type of season. We have to catch one on the road eventually, but I'm over it. Crack another IPA and we're on to Sunday. Last week it was "how hostile can we make Gampel?" This week it's "how raucous can we make XL?" Everyone else is defending their turf. Let's do the same. We have the best fans in the BE. Let's show up.

Reaction Score
Agreed regarding Marquette's crowd. They were super quiet most of the game.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Agreed regarding Marquette's crowd. They were super quiet most of the game.
They were embarrassing. I don't think they even stood once in the first half. And second half was still very meh.

Reaction Score
I always thought Marquette had a great fan base… a lot of history…going back to Al McGuire… i was surprised how quiet they were also

Reaction Score
Take it to the MQ board you scrub.
I appreciate you taking it upon yourself to root our home crowds into being loud during games, I really do, but to criticize an opposing home crowd after their team beat ours is a little silly.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I appreciate you taking it upon yourself to root our home crowds into being loud during games, I really do, but to criticize an opposing home crowd after their team beat ours is a little silly.
It's not silly. I said their fans stink. I also (on another thread) said our play and coaching tonight was suspect. I am allowed to admit all of these facts. Our crowd is better than theirs. And our play and coaching was not better than theirs tonight.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It's that time again. I feel like it's a weekly occurrence. Lose aways games...come home...get wild...win...go away and lose again.

Reaction Score
Its January 11th when maybe 10% (completely made up number) of the student population is in/around school. Those fans in attendance were probably not a true representation of their normal crowd. And they still made us look bad. Imagine if the students were there to really get it going...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Its January 11th when maybe 10% (completely made up number) of the student population is in/around school. Those fans in attendance were probably not a true representation of their normal crowd. And they still made us look bad. Imagine if the students were there to really get it going...
Hartford will be sold out and rocking.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'll be screaming at the TV down here in Florida (or maybe my laptop)

Last game I'm missing. Our home schedule is looking a whole lot better now

Can't wait

Reaction Score
I hope the recent slide hasn't dampened fan enthusiasm to come out to games. People love a hot ticket.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I hope the recent slide hasn't dampened fan enthusiasm to come out to games. People love a hot ticket.
I doubt it. We are ranked. St. John's is an "old BE" matchup, so all the old school fans will be interested and reminiscing about the Carnasecca/Jarvis days. Fans are upset about road losses, but just like vs. Creighton, we are ready to welcome the boys home and send SJU packing. As long as SJU has Posh at the point, they can be a formidable foe, and the non-casuals know this. We're gonna have the XL rocking.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bottom line -Quiet, loud or knitting, watching - Marquette fans went home with huge smiles on their faces. They beat a top 10 team. That’s all that counts

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Tough weekend to be a Johnnie.
7C8C479C-7DD8-437A-B880-95A21E1EA8C8.jpeg

Reaction Score
My first game in XL today in ages, it was weak in there but between the choppy flow of the game with all the whistles and stoppages and then the anemic offense in the 2nd half there wasn't much to cheer for

Reaction Score
Every single time we started to get up we'd turn it over or give up an uncontested lay-up. Literally. Every. Time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom